mosin nagant

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
bigfathairybiker

Re: mosin nagant

#11 Post by bigfathairybiker »

Alpha1 wrote:Why a M38
Doesn't have that extremely dangerous pointy thing on the end.

Mark
Alpha1

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

Why a carbine the long rifle is a much better rifle and pleasanter to shoot. I have owned them all at one time or another and much prefer the long rifle.
nearly there

#13 Post by nearly there »

Hi guys.kranks have sold out.I liked the compact carbine look but have sourced a m44.thanks everyone for the advice
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#14 Post by hitchphil »

nearly there wrote:Hi guys.kranks have sold out.I liked the compact carbine look but have sourced a m44. thanks everyone for the advice
Try http://www.m1garand.co.uk/ £230 for a refurbished 1891/30.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
hitchphil

#15 Post by hitchphil »

all you need to know about Mosins...............& probably more............

http://www.mosinnagant.net/

http://www.7.62x54r.net/

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
nearly there

#16 Post by nearly there »

Hi I'll not use m1 garand as he requires to see your fac by email when I do not know who or where the information is going to,I will not show anyone my fac I can not see and confirm is a genuine rfd or club.there are other reasons but the above reason is paramount
hitchphil

#17 Post by hitchphil »

nearly there wrote:Hi I'll not use m1 garand as he requires to see your fac by email when I do not know who or where the information is going to,I will not show anyone my fac I can not see and confirm is a genuine rfd or club.there are other reasons but the above reason is paramount
He's a genuine RFD that sold me a very nice 1991/30 Mossy with no problems threw in stripper clips etc & PP was very reasonable. No problems, recommended seller & very helpful with info on the rifle & how to recover it from darned Cosmoline! aaarggh

nearly there

#18 Post by nearly there »

Fair enough if he is genuine I wish him all the best but I still do not feel comfortable with sending details like that via email.I even offered to collect in person and show my fac or he could have sent it to my local rfd but that was still not a option.I wish him all the best in his business
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#19 Post by bnz41 »

hitchphil wrote:
nearly there wrote:Hi I'll not use m1 garand as he requires to see your fac by email when I do not know who or where the information is going to,I will not show anyone my fac I can not see and confirm is a genuine rfd or club.there are other reasons but the above reason is paramount
He's a genuine RFD that sold me a very nice 1991/30 Mossy with no problems threw in stripper clips etc & PP was very reasonable. No problems, recommended seller & very helpful with info on the rifle & how to recover it from darned Cosmoline! aaarggh
You bought a firearm sight unseen wow I will never do that again...

How much did your RFD charge for the transfer paperwork.
hitchphil

#20 Post by hitchphil »

bnz41 wrote:
hitchphil wrote:
You bought a firearm sight unseen wow I will never do that again...

How much did your RFD charge for the transfer paperwork.
Pictures sent, references good, item described as arsenal refurbished long term store & thats exactly what i got. The bore is good, the metal very good, the wood soaked in cosmoline! RFD nowt, i bought a heap of ammo from him instead & buy stuff for club via him. all happy.