CNC machining

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Jame5m

CNC machining

#1 Post by Jame5m »

I know we have a few RFD's on here and I'm sure other people that may be in need of parts manufacturing!

A very good friend of mine has set himself up with some very nice CNC machine tools, the only thing he could do with is more work!

If any of you are thinking about having anything manufactured and are looking for high quality, competitively priced and quick turnaround please let me know and I'll put you in touch.
safetyfirst

Re: CNC machining

#2 Post by safetyfirst »

Where is this chap based and does he have 5 axis machining?
Jame5m

#3 Post by Jame5m »

They are based in the Wirral, near Ellesmere Port,

They don't have 5 axis but do have 4 axis simultaneous milling and turning capability.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

How feasible would it be to make the middle one of these below out of high grade aluminium, idea on cost etc?

They're part of the gas system of a semi-auto shotgun by the way and the material needs to be able to take a battering, if that makes a difference. Some kind of stainless steel would be ideal but I think it would be too heavy.
DVC
Jame5m

#5 Post by Jame5m »

It wouldn't be a problem for them, out of any material you spec'd.

Would need some more pictures and sizes to get you a quote though,

Email me at james@Mitchell-Arms-Design.com
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

:good: Will take some better pictures tonight and get some measurements. When/if it came to actually making it I could send you one of the ones I already have
DVC
Jame5m

#7 Post by Jame5m »

If anyone wants anything making please pm me for details

James