Marlin 1894P .44 Magnum

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Brookers

Marlin 1894P .44 Magnum

#1 Post by Brookers »

For Sale on behalf of a friend who doesn't do forums,

.44 Magnum, Marlin Model 1894P – this is the very rare 16inch ported barrel model, very little use - £800

This is a Marlin built rifle with ballard rifling.

For some reason I cant upload the picture I have of it, message me if you want a copy.

PM me for the sellers contact details, Rifle located in Wiltshire.

Brookers
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Marlin 1894P .44 Magnum

#2 Post by Dellboy »

will this chamber normal 44
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Brookers

#3 Post by Brookers »

Dellboy wrote:will this chamber normal 44
what do you mean by normal .44? If you mean .44 special then yes.

Brookers
Brookers

#4 Post by Brookers »

Having just received more information on this rifle it appears that it is one of only a 1000 produced and one of only a dozen that made it to the UK.

Based on this information price revised to £950

Brookers
Laurie

#5 Post by Laurie »

I owned one of these rifles for a few years. I bought it for £275 new in September 2001 from the late David Shaw in Scunthorpe who traded as 'Reloaders', but did a bit of buying and selling underlevers too as a sideline. Looking back, what a STEAL - I should have kept it as an investment along with one or two other Marlins I had around that time. It was cheap then though by 2001 standards, David having got it at a large discount from the importer as the 'P' model was proving hard to shift.

I've got to say, it was the best of the half dozen revolver calibre underlevers from three manufacturers that I owned in the late 90s early oughties. With light 240gn LRNFP loads (~1,100 fps) it would shoot ragged hole 10-round 50 metre groups and still shot well at 100 yards. It had one sole downside - if the covered firing points the range I shot these rifles on were busy, my 'neighbours' complained of being hit by lumps of powder fouling or unburned powder kernels thrown out by the ports, so a bit of separation or hanging one of the pieces of old carpet that abounded on the range from roof supports on either side of me was required.

I didn't know it was as rare a model as that, but even without that knowledge, I'd say to anybody looking for a 44S/44 Magnum Marlin, grab it quick. These are really nicely made, slick operating, and accurate little rifles.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#6 Post by the running man »

Is that Barrys practical one Neil?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Brookers

#7 Post by Brookers »

Yes, that's the one
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#8 Post by the running man »

I sold that too him for £300 4 years ago!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

the running man wrote:I sold that too him for £300 4 years ago!
Well, that'll learn ya!

The 1894P and the 1894CP (.357 version) were made during 2000/2001. Production figures of between 600 and 1200 per version have been cited. Both have 16" ported barrels. ASI, the official importers didn't bring the ported models in to the country, but SYSS did bring 10 of each in. I imported my P from Germany in 2003 and last year, SYSS imported another 2 used models a year or so ago.

Amongst Marlin collectors they are very desirable. The last two that SYSS sold did do for a grand a piece. Apart from mine, ive actually shot another two. All of them have been outstanding shooters.

The P and the CP can be seen on the left in this pic. The P carries a scout scope.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
mullen7

#10 Post by mullen7 »

Is that your collection Sim?! Holy hell. My jealousy is sky high. Lovely collection.

Sent from my boing using "An application"