Marlin 1894P .44 Magnum

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Laurie

Re: Marlin 1894P .44 Magnum

#11 Post by Laurie »

Amongst Marlin collectors they are very desirable. The last two that SYSS sold did do for a grand a piece. Apart from mine, ive actually shot another two. All of them have been outstanding shooters. [Sim G]
Damn! You really have ruined my day. (only joking :D - you win some, you lose some.) I can't remember what I sold mine for, but it certainly wouldn't have been more than I paid for it, more likely less on a trade-in against something else. I'd never have expected it to become collectible though

Now that you mention it, I remember Dave Shaw saying he got it from Roger at SYSS. The last two digits on my example's s/n were ...98.

Anyway, since this is a 'for sale' thread, it'll still make a great buy for somebody.
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

mullen7 wrote:Is that your collection Sim?! Holy hell. My jealousy is sky high. Lovely collection.

In essence, yes, but a couple of the modern guns have been moved on with pre 1900 specimens taking their place.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#13 Post by Sim G »

Laurie wrote:The last two digits on my example's s/n were ...98.

Anyway, since this is a 'for sale' thread, it'll still make a great buy for somebody.

It's the first two digits that make up the date code, Laurie.

Likewise, this is a sales thread and it will make a great buy. Hopefully the "discussion" will be regarded as a "review" to promote the rarity/desirability and overall attraction of this particular rifle. ;) :D
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
The Event
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by The Event »

Just to add to the chorus of worship.
I bought my 1894P brand new in May 2000 and it is still a fantastic shooter.
Brookers

#15 Post by Brookers »

Thanks for all the positive "reviews" I know Barry appreciates it.

Brookers