MARLIN .357 WANTED

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
farmer7
Home club or Range: Inverness-shire

MARLIN .357 WANTED

#1 Post by farmer7 »

Looking for a Marlin .357, stupidly sold my own one a few years back and now want another.
bigfathairybiker

Re: MARLIN .357 WANTED

#2 Post by bigfathairybiker »

The Country Store, Sawston, Cambridge probably still has one.
Last time I looked it was £1100 second hand but in as new condition.

Mark
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

http://www.bdrpc.club/index.php/for-sale

£950? How's that? It's got extras with it too!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Are you after a Marlin Marlin or a Remington Marlin?
farmer7

#5 Post by farmer7 »

Preferably a JM one, I'd consider a Remington one if it was 2015 or later, from a few bits I've read they're supposed to be much improved over the earlier Remington ones, apparently they've replaced old machinery and employed some Marlin staff!

Been offered a very tidy Cowboy for £685 Hadn't considered one of them but looks very tidy, 24" barrel but perhaps not so handy. Sounds cheap?? Or perhaps undesirable for resale??
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#6 Post by Airbrush »

farmer7 wrote:Preferably a JM one, I'd consider a Remington one if it was 2015 or later, from a few bits I've read they're supposed to be much improved over the earlier Remington ones, apparently they've replaced old machinery and employed some Marlin staff!

Been offered a very tidy Cowboy for £685 Hadn't considered one of them but looks very tidy, 24" barrel but perhaps not so handy. Sounds cheap?? Or perhaps undesirable for resale??
Bite his his hand off.
farmer7

#7 Post by farmer7 »

Airbrush wrote:
farmer7 wrote:Preferably a JM one, I'd consider a Remington one if it was 2015 or later, from a few bits I've read they're supposed to be much improved over the earlier Remington ones, apparently they've replaced old machinery and employed some Marlin staff!

Bite his his hand off.
I tried to bite it off but turns out due to lack of communication between staff it sold yesterday! aaarggh
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#8 Post by Airbrush »

farmer7 wrote:
Airbrush wrote:

Bite his his hand off.
I tried to bite it off but turns out due to lack of communication between staff it sold yesterday! aaarggh
Bummer.
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

farmer7 wrote: Been offered a very tidy Cowboy for £685 Hadn't considered one of them but looks very tidy, 24" barrel but perhaps not so handy. Sounds cheap?? Or perhaps undesirable for resale??

You missed a phenomenal bargain there! 24" Marlin Cowboy in .357 change hands usually around the 1200 mark.

.357 Marlins are not even a catalog item at the moment. Remlin .357s are made in batches when the management decides to make a run.

Remington are still making the serial date code for new rifles a blinking state secret! Attempting to discern a 2015 model may be difficult. Likewise, if the importer is out of .357sm there's no telling with the batch they next get will be newly manufactured versions, or actually a couple of years old having sat in an inventory somewhere.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!