Marlin 45/70

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
marko686

Marlin 45/70

#1 Post by marko686 »

Hi marlin 45/70 for sale excellent condition , marbles tang rear sight , this is not a black powder rifle , I have a brand new set of dies to suit even the factory crimp and some brass £950 the lot il pay the rfd , ps this is a JM marlin not a Remington marlin. il upload pics when I get home.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: Marlin 45/70

#2 Post by the running man »

ttiuwp thankssign
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Modern manufacture? Serial number x-ing out the last two digits?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
marko686

#4 Post by marko686 »

patience now im at work lol il sort pics out when im home and I think the serial number told me it was a 1990,s rifle but il get the serial number bar the last 2 for you
marko686

#5 Post by marko686 »

serial number for the rifle says its a 2001 1895 45/70 gov and i took some pics , its a long rifle and apparently i was told you dont often see them with such a long mag tube but not sure if thats true, i use 405g bullet heads so not much left of bambi when that hits lol

Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

1895 Cowboy is the model. Comes standard with a 26" barrel.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

I know someone who is after one, what is the magazine capacity?
DVC
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

9 in the tube, one in the chamber. They don't tend to feel too muzzle heavy when loaded up as that 26" barrel has a taper to it, just as they were featured in the late 19th century.

The 1895 will take "Band 2" .45-70 Govt reloads as well, so a very authoritative whack that flattens the trajectory for nice longer range usage.

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Thanks Sim, i'll let the lad know
DVC
marko686

#10 Post by marko686 »

Just for the record I am looking for a good foxing rifle .222 with mod so a part exchange could be arranged :)