L?H 7.62 Target rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
andrew375

L?H 7.62 Target rifle

#1 Post by andrew375 »

Something like a swing or RPA. Must be true left hand, not a right hand action in a left stock.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: L?H 7.62 Target rifle

#2 Post by hitchphil »

GT Shooting have a LH Swing.............................£1500 original barrel, ghat may be very good as the proprietor knows their barrels but its very much the top end of a value for such a rifle & being unsold for ~3years reflects that - there is also a Cooper AI true LH at over £2k again i think very over priced.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
hitchphil

#3 Post by hitchphil »

sorry the Accuracy is on Gunstar - https://www.gunstar.co.uk/accuracy-inte ... les/946250 - if it was a new barrel possibly, if worn then nope too expensive.

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

hitchphil wrote:sorry the Accuracy is on Gunstar - https://www.gunstar.co.uk/accuracy-inte ... les/946250 - if it was a new barrel possibly, if worn then nope too expensive.
I like the idea of the ribbed barrel Coppermatch (sic)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Yalan

#5 Post by Yalan »

Ribbed barrel is almost certainly the original Maddco.
hitchphil

#6 Post by hitchphil »

Yalan wrote:Ribbed barrel is almost certainly the original Maddco.
My 28" 1/12" madco is on 8500rnds & shoots 1moa at 1000 yds - they are known for longevity (Stellites you know) so it may be OK?

andrew375

#7 Post by andrew375 »

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the Swing but I'm not prepared to pay that! Barrel is well past its sell by date so by the time I factor in the price of a new barrel I wont be far off the cost of buying new; and that would be with new current spec. sights and stock.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
hitchphil

#8 Post by hitchphil »

andrew375 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the Swing but I'm not prepared to pay that! Barrel is well past its sell by date so by the time I factor in the price of a new barrel I wont be far off the cost of buying new; and that would be with new current spec. sights and stock.
I agree its expensive & hence why not sold in ~3 years, however the shop proprietor is an accomplished shot & so does know their barrels - but is there any harm in asking them on life & price? A part worn barrel 30" stainless can be fitted for ~£200 & an 18mm ladder foresight+iris for ~£100 then its in the £1750-£2k region. New: Barnard, Gemini trackers sights irises ~£4500 & a bit more. so its still 50% the cost of a new TR.

The AI barrel is possibly OK NK? & who trusts Gunstar descriptions!? (but being a Madco I can say they are exceptional steel & I would fit one over a Kreiger for lifespan any day of the week) but again pt worn (good for 2-3k rnds) ~£200, or new £800 & the gun is in the £3k region but that one does need a ladder foresight what ever anyone does with it for TR. Am sure it wont sell for months at £2200.

Am afraid as a leftie your choices are very limited - one of my kids is LH & it took 3 years to find their gun, that was ~£2k & i have seen less than 8 off LH TRs for sale in the last 7-5 years. One may be round the corner? but for £1000-£1500 you might have to wait 3-5 years for something to turn up & then spend some on it making it worth attempting to compete with.