Schmidt Rubin 1889 in Obsolete 7.5x53.5 Rimless Rubin

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Rarms

Schmidt Rubin 1889 in Obsolete 7.5x53.5 Rimless Rubin

#1 Post by Rarms »

Schmidt Rubin Rifle Model 1889. Chambered for the 7.5mm x 53.5 Rimless Rubin GP90 round. Serial number dates it to 1893. The serial numbers match on the barrel/action/bolt and the magazine. Factory blued finish is great in most places. Some inspection and armoury marks/stamps to wood and metalwork, rear sight graduated from 300 to 2000 metres, also includes what I assume is an original sling and a loading clip with 6 inert rounds.

It is a somewhat unique looking rifle, with a straight pull action with twin locking lugs locking the bolt into the action.

This rifle benefits from its status as being chambered for an obsolete calibre and can therefore be owned live under Sec. 58 of the firearms act as a curio or collectable without any form of license. That said I have had this rifle on my firearms certificate and shot it a few times, it shoots well, and the foresight blade has been replaced with a higher one to overcome the factory 300 yard zero. This can easily be removed with no adverse effects if desired. Load data I used can be provided for information purposes if you have an FAC and are planning on shooting it.

Can be purchased as is and does not need to go on FAC. Ideal for the wall of the man cave!

Looking for £300 collected from Worthing in West Sussex, can deliver within Sussex/Hants, or perhaps meet at Bisley etc...
ovenpaa

Re: Schmidt Rubin 1889 in Obsolete 7.5x53.5 Rimless Rubin

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Very interested, I have sent you a PM on this.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
MotorRacingBruce1980

#3 Post by MotorRacingBruce1980 »

Also interested if Ovenpaa doesn't have this from you.
Rarms

#4 Post by Rarms »

Sold to Ovenpaa