Target Rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
42DAF

Starter Target Rifle

#1 Post by 42DAF »

I’m looking to restart target rifle so will now need my own rifle. As always first rifle I’d rather not looking to send a fornute so thinking of a Musgrave or Swing a mate in Oz has also recommended Sportco.

I recon I’m better with a use Target Rifle than trying to repurpose one of my current rifles Remi 700 most likely.

So what’s your guys advice anything to avoid?
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Starter Target Rifle

#2 Post by Pete »

I have a Swing Mk 4 which I bought soon after I started full-bore rifle.............I'd certainly recommend one. They can be sourced at a reasonable price.

Here's one: http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/default ... 11%3A35+PM

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
42DAF

#3 Post by 42DAF »

Thank you I’ll give them a bell on Monday.
Andy632

#4 Post by Andy632 »

I'm sure that there's someone in every club with something suitable for sale. I know of at least two available up here for less than £500.
42DAF

#5 Post by 42DAF »

Andy632 wrote:I'm sure that there's someone in every club with something suitable for sale. I know of at least two available up here for less than £500.
That sound very reasonable and as long as they would shoot sounds ideal. I’ve not joined a club yet just shooting at Bisley with a couple of good shots I know and after last week they are encouraging me to shoot the imperial for experience and see if I can hold the scores in competition not just practise.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Have a look on HPS-TR website I think they have a couple

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#7 Post by shugie »

And if you do get a Swing (which I can also recommend) I have the target sights for one, as I shoot mine with a scope in informal club shoots.
Careful now/that sort of thing
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#8 Post by hitchphil »

Jim Halam has 3-4 TRs some look very good bore. 0775 3697888. he might be at the Spring action weekend. Also ask Tom Rylands Ellesmere target sports or David Crispin of Crispin Engineering.

Sport-co is the forerunner of the Angel then Barnard action - 3 lug & were very good. fitted to a decent stock, with a good barrel & sights they will shoot well.

I wouldn't shoot the Imperial just for experience & with a new gun. Shoot some open meetings & get plotting wind etc in place then shoot the imperial & you will do much better. Also try to get 900 & 1000 yd zeros with the 2019 Imperial batch of ammo before then. Many use the BCRC meeting to do that. (NB dont buy the 2018 GGG Imperial it defective).
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
42DAF

#9 Post by 42DAF »

Tom is looking for me he’s one of the good shots I spent a week on the range with and maintains our work armoury for us. I’ll google the others thank you.

I may try and shoot some of Cadet Imperial depending how busy I am running around
42DAF

Target Rifle

#10 Post by 42DAF »

I’m looking for a Musgrave, Swing or Paramount 308 target rifle 30-32” barrel ideally and still got life left in the barrel but will consider one that needs a new barrel.
Has anyone got anything kicking about.
Thank you
Daf