Uberti 1866 Winchester .22LR

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ovenpaa

Re: Uberti 1866 Winchester .22LR

#11 Post by ovenpaa »

Fred, it looked to be the right age, was the right height and once co-witnessed I just pushed the original rear sight and was fascinated to see where it had been fitted after bluing. I will add a blank dovetail in the original slot just to tidy things up.

What impresses me most is Christel has had a spare slot for a .22LR for a couple of years and this was the rifle she chose to fill it with. Now the only question is should I fit a globe front sight for her, I have one from a similar era to the rifle that would certainly enhance the accuracy.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

Very nice.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#13 Post by FredB »

My original WInchester, made in 1904 and still completely trouble free, has a Lyman sight. The original "Buckhorn" sight is also still there. Shooting precision, I use a six-o-clock hold on the target and always use the Lyman sight . The mid-barrel sight is lower, adjusted to point of aim for the turning target competitions. I would not fit a globe front sight as it is not historically correct.
Fred
Sim G

#14 Post by Sim G »

Globe sights are more than historically correct. Ballard catalogs from the early 1870s offer them for the single shot rifles and Marlin have them as an option for their lever rifles in the mid-1880s...

The Malcolm telescopic eight came about 11 years before King and Tyler perfected the 1866. A nice replica x3 short Malcolm would be really nice. And historically correct.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
FredB

#15 Post by FredB »

I recently tried to buy a Malcolm sight. i found several UK ads on the net, but all were out of stock and no idea when they would have them again. It looks like the idiotic US ban on exporting scope is still in effect.
Fred
redcat
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#16 Post by redcat »

Have you tried Henry Krank? They may be able to get you one from Pedersoli.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
FredB

#17 Post by FredB »

Yes! Same story---I think that pedersoli actually get them from the USA.
Fred