.22 Short?

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
AltogetherElsewhere

.22 Short?

#1 Post by AltogetherElsewhere »

Hi folks,

Try as I might, I can't seem to find an RFD who stocks .22 short and .22 Long. Obviously not as ubiquitous as .22lr, but I'm looking to pick up a Henry lever action which takes short and long, as well as long rifle, and I'd love to try them out!

Any idea where I might find some .22 short or long?

Cheers!
Andy632

Re: .22 Short?

#2 Post by Andy632 »

I've got about 400 of short, pity you're not closer.
AltogetherElsewhere

#3 Post by AltogetherElsewhere »

Andy632 wrote:I've got about 400 of short, pity you're not closer.
Ah bummer. How does it feel, compared to lr?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using "An application"
Andy632

#4 Post by Andy632 »

AltogetherElsewhere wrote:
Andy632 wrote:I've got about 400 of short, pity you're not closer.
Ah bummer. How does it feel, compared to lr?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using "An application"
Any CCI stockist should be able to get their hands on CCI CB longs.

Shorts were fine in Marlin 37 and in the old pumps, just slightly lighter than standards, you'll never notice the difference I think. They also worked in my old Browning take down semi auto..
nunhead

#5 Post by nunhead »

I have a fair bit here --- everything from old .22 "spatterproof" (i.e., sintered iron bullets for fairground use) to modern production. (I DO know where there is a complete Victorian travelling rifle range, in storage because the owner can't get enough of the frangible ammo to use.)
I am 250y outside Bisley Camp.... probably too far?

The Henry may be MARKED "s, l, lr" due to the fact that the action will cycle but it is not advisable to use many shorts as it can cause roughness in the chamber.

I DO have an original Colt "Lightning" (1906) on my personal FAC and I am starting to thin out so it will probably be for sale, along with some .22-converted Rook Rifles and other things that I rarely shoot.
strangesam

#6 Post by strangesam »

nunhead wrote:I have a fair bit here --- everything from old .22 "spatterproof" (i.e., sintered iron bullets for fairground use) to modern production. (I DO know where there is a complete Victorian travelling rifle range, in storage because the owner can't get enough of the frangible ammo to use.?
That would be interesting to see running again..

looks like copper frangible ammo is starting to be produced in .22lr (for places which ban lead for hunting). But its probably a bit overpowered for a victorian range.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/ ... 925CC.html