Target air pistol

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
bish789

Re: Target air pistol

#11 Post by bish789 »

1066 wrote:There's a very nice Walther CP2 match pistol on Guntrader at the moment for £250, looks in perfect condition. If, after a good crack, you decide 10m pistol is not for you, you could sell it for the same price. These pistols were designed for one job only.. To put pellets in the 10 ring every time.
What about "cylinder in date" That is quite an oldish pistol.

I know there's not a great deal of pressure (not as much as a 200bar PCP for example)

I presume it should't be a problem on CO2
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by 1066 »

bish789 wrote:
1066 wrote:There's a very nice Walther CP2 match pistol on Guntrader at the moment for £250, looks in perfect condition. If, after a good crack, you decide 10m pistol is not for you, you could sell it for the same price. These pistols were designed for one job only.. To put pellets in the 10 ring every time.
What about "cylinder in date" That is quite an oldish pistol.

I know there's not a great deal of pressure (not as much as a 200bar PCP for example)

I presume it should't be a problem on CO2
Personally I wouldn't worry - The cylinders are solid steel and CO2 is nominally around 55 Bar (800 psi) although the pressure does increase a bit with temperature. The pressure/age thing only seems to be a problem if you get into high level competition. I believe the cylinders on Marini match pistols were originally rated for 20 years but ISSF (Olympic shooting) introduced a 10 year limit for international competition. These cylinders are not to be confused with something like a buddy bottle on a PCP rifle running at 250 bar.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
bish789

#13 Post by bish789 »

Thanks 1066
Update, looks like I've found one.
However may just buy the CP2 as a backup.
Thanks all for all the replies and advice.
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by 1066 »

Excellent - let us know how you get on.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com