Working from home....need supplies ;-)

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

Re: Working from home....need supplies ;-)

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

snayperskaya wrote:You'll cop it if one ricochets through the greenhouse! lol
That,s the first thing that popped into my head. lol lol lol
Sim G

#22 Post by Sim G »

dodgyrog wrote: It's not the dead bodies but the extremely low numbers compared to other causes!

Yes, seasonal flu will kill 17000 people in the UK. But for that 17K several, 10 to 15 million may contract it. As of the date of this post, nearly 30000 contracted the deceased and some 2300 "hospital" deaths. If 15 million people contract Covid-19 over 1 million could easily die.

That is the situation. There is no vaccine, there is no immunity and there is presently no cure and the WHO state that they have never seen a virus so easily transmittable between people. Those facts remain the same despite glib comparisons and "conspiracy theories"...

Stay the fvck indoors and away from every person except those living in the same household. Reduce the risk presented to yourself and reduce your reliance on services.

In the back garden plinking for pleasure, how difficult is that?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#23 Post by snayperskaya »

Sim G wrote:
dodgyrog wrote: It's not the dead bodies but the extremely low numbers compared to other causes!

Yes, seasonal flu will kill 17000 people in the UK. But for that 17K several, 10 to 15 million may contract it. As of the date of this post, nearly 30000 contracted the deceased and some 2300 "hospital" deaths. If 15 million people contract Covid-19 over 1 million could easily die.

That is the situation. There is no vaccine, there is no immunity and there is presently no cure and the WHO state that they have never seen a virus so easily transmittable between people. Those facts remain the same despite glib comparisons and "conspiracy theories"...

Stay the fvck indoors and away from every person except those living in the same household. Reduce the risk presented to yourself and reduce your reliance on services.

In the back garden plinking for pleasure, how difficult is that?
Spot on Sim :good:

And to add that in my 49 years on the planet I've never know 'flu put the NHS under the pressure that Covid-19 is.....and yet there are still people that believe it isn't serious!.

How many people have heard of a 19 year old with no underlying health conditions dying of seasonal flu in this country!!!???

2300 out of 30,000 is around 7.6%!, far high than seasonal 'flu
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#24 Post by Pete »

Distancing is a very real problem when foraging for food............and queuing for an hour in a freezing wind outside a supermarket isn't going to do a lot of wrinklies any good at all.
And to top it all, there's no eggs or bread flour to be had anywhere.........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#25 Post by snayperskaya »

Pete wrote:Distancing is a very real problem when foraging for food............and queuing for an hour in a freezing wind outside a supermarket isn't going to do a lot of wrinklies any good at all.

Pete
Wrinklies shouldn't be going out and queuing, that's what family and volunteers etc are for isn't it?.

I went to Lidl and Sainsburys by me on Tuesday, Sainsburys was virtually empty of folks, there was about 25 people in the whole store and it's a big one, and it was fully stocked and at Lidl there was about 4 people in front of me in the queue and again it was fully stocked.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Lancs Lad

#26 Post by Lancs Lad »

Pete wrote:Distancing is a very real problem when foraging for food............and queuing for an hour in a freezing wind outside a supermarket isn't going to do a lot of wrinklies any good at all.

Pete
Shopping yesterday at the local supermarket entailed following a defined route into the store (no queue). One person per family unit only. Keep your distance from other shoppers (which was easy) and everything I needed including eggs etc, was available. Hand cleaner provided for persons using the self check out and everyone being polite and courteous. This store has instigated specific times for older folks and emergency workers to attend so that they do not have to queue.

You don't happen to write for the Guardian by any chance do you?

:flag13: LL
DavidRees
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#27 Post by DavidRees »

DavidRees wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:Henry Krank are also doing mail order - got some Sierra bullets the very next day.
Really helpful; thank you. A little reloading, thinking of happier times to come when we're allowed back on the ranges, is going to be very theraputic :)
Ordered some bullets from Kranks 6am Wed; delivered the following day at noon via ParcelForce. Since actually I'm working from home, I've had to put them to one side; they will have to be "something for the weekend"!

Looking forward to making up some new loads, now I have time to spare for reloading again. My ammo cabinet is currently rather sparsely populated; I've been letting things slide on the reloading front. Time to fix that!