Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223

#1 Post by Sim G »

May come to seriously regret this, but I've been mulling it over for a while and other "bang sticks" in the wings are having a serious draw.....

This is a Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223 Remington. AccuTrigger version with a 26", 1 in 9" twist, fluted barrel. Fitted a Stockade Arms Extended Bolt Handle and an EGW one piece picatinny scope rail. Bell and Carlson Medalist stock in dark tan camo.

Fitted in Warne Maxima QR rings is a Leupold Vari-X III, 6.5-20 x 40 LR, with a duplex reticle and Leupold Alumina flip up covers.

Barrelled action, handle, rail, rings and scope all then Dura coated with 2/3 dark earth and 1/3 OG to compliment the base colour of the stock, by Wayne at North West Custom Parts.

This has had around 750 rounds through it from new. With 69gn SMK's and Vhit N140, it's a genuine sub half inch at 100 yards, for a five round group. The best group I've ever shot with it, or any other rifle for that matter, was five rounds in a third of an inch. pe4king will attest to this and the banging of V-bulls at 800 meters at Bisley, with boring regularity! It really is a fantastic shooter!

It's in very good condition, save for a couple of dings on the side of the barrel where the Duracoat met the edge of the cabinet! :oops:

Putting this all together would be in the region of £2700.......

Up for £1650

(Got some pics on the wife's lap top and will post them if anyone interested.....)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

Re: Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223

#2 Post by Sim G »

Blatently robbed from the Savage site of what it looked like at the start....

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Sorry, forgot, the bipod is not included....

Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Revised price...... £1450.

ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

Good looking rifle Sim, it must sell at that price :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

If i had a bit more cash I fear that I'd be filling my .223 slot on my ticket... as it stands... I think I've spent enough on bang sticks this year :(

Good luck with the sale - looks like a very nice rifle!
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

:cheers: Firstly, there's no such thing as spending too much. And secondly, go on!!!! This is a shed load of a combination for a little bit more than the base gun alone would cost!

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

I wish I could, but the mrs would disown me, its not just the cost of the rifle... tis the dies and reloading equipment that goes with it... I promised I wouldnt buy another one until atleast next year :p
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

I have to confess to having had a few tarts guns through my hands recently so with a little knowledge I can say that is a real bargain, a Savage to boot. I reckon one of the best off the shelf rifles being made today and great value for the money. :good:

Anyone looking for a tarts rifle should kick themselves if they pass this one up. :twisted:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

BTW Simon was that fifty quids worth? :good:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/