WANTED - .30-30 chamber reamer and/or gauges.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

WANTED - .30-30 chamber reamer and/or gauges.

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I have been anguishing over the chamber for a rifle build for myself and have decided on the mighty .30-30 Winchester. So now I need a chamber reamer and some gauges as it is not something I have here. So does anyone have anything gathering dust and/or unused they would care to part with please? CIP is good, however SAAMI is fine as the rifle is for myself as a project to prove a concept as much as anything.

Anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: WANTED - .30-30 chamber reamer and/or gauges.

#2 Post by FredB »

30-30 is a good calibre, but if you intend to reload, I would suggest 8.15 x 46R. The brass is reformed from 30-30 and uses a stop-ring bullet. This allows you to de-cap, re-cap, add powder and thumb seat the bullet. It is a reloaders dream calibre. Used to be known as "die normal patronen" in Germany as virtually all target shooters used it.
Typical rifle:
Fred
Attachments
LHSBreech resized.jpg
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Nice idea Fred however I have .30-30 brass, projectiles and dies already, plus a suitable barrel blank. Moving to 8.15 x 46R is really appealing however it means starting again completely from scratch unless I can find some of the components at sensible prices.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Ovenpaa wrote:I have been anguishing over the chamber for a rifle build for myself and have decided on the mighty .30-30 Winchester. So now I need a chamber reamer and some gauges as it is not something I have here. So does anyone have anything gathering dust and/or unused they would care to part with please? CIP is good, however SAAMI is fine as the rifle is for myself as a project to prove a concept as much as anything.

Anyone?

Haven't got what you're after, but what are you doing? A favourite caliber of mine!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!