300 Rook

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

300 Rook

#1 Post by FredB »

A friend has just aquired a 300 Rook rifle. He will probably end up buying a mould, but to start with, he would like to buy some bullets. I have seen them listed, but can't remember where.
Who makes them?
Does anybody have a set of dies for sale?Thanks,
Fred
glevum
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

Re: 300 Rook

#2 Post by glevum »

redcat
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#3 Post by redcat »

That book is an interesting read even if you don't intend buying one of these rifles.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#4 Post by FredB »

I have a number of Rook rifles and have been shooting them for 30 years. My club secretary has just bought a 295/300 rifle, which I don't have, hence this post. i bought a copy of Colin greenwoods book when it first came out. It is very inadequate, covering only a small part of the rook rifle field but it does get the facts right, except that the loads that are suggested are verging on dangerous and should not be used.
The definitive work is the two volumes of Wal Winfers series on British Single Shot Rifles which cover the rook rifle, published by Tom Rowe. These books are expensive, but they are worth every penny.
Fred
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

Fred, I agree. I had three good rook rifles here at he time and none were even vaguely hinted at, I had a scroll lever come in last week and again, not listed. Finding a decent technically reference that is accurate and laid out in a logical way is a tall order these days.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal