Westlake Alfa Revolver 4" .357/.38 (full package)

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
James84

Westlake Alfa Revolver 4" .357/.38 (full package)

#1 Post by James84 »

For sale is my Westlake Alfa revolver. Condition is overall good with a couple of surface scratches from general use and dinks to the grips. It cycles and indexes smoothly and the trigger in single action is excellent for target shooting.

It is the 4" model and comes with:

- Second/spare cylinder
- Loading press
- Westlake charger/powder thrower with 2 x powder tubs
- 2 x partial boxes of primers and possibly a full box (if I can find them, no promises)
- Several hundred bullets, a mix of Westlake's dustbins and full box of Shellhouse Bullet Co. soft lead bullets, specifically for this revolver

Price for the lot - £900, or if collecting I also have a full tub and a half tub of Herco which I will sell for the price of the full tub - £945

This is the full package for someone looking to get started with one of these. You will not need to buy anything else.

I can RFD at cost (I believe around £25) but would prefer to meet at Bisley. I do travel for work, so happy to travel to meet if needed and/or possible.

Note that the spare cylinders on these are numbered and made for the frame at the point of manufacture, this means it fits it exactly. You will need 2 slots, one slot for '1 x .357/.38 muzzle loading revolver' and a slot for a '1 x .357/.38 muzzle loading cylinder'.

The powder thrower makes loading this a breeze at the range. It dispenses 2.8gr with each press, which will cover any powder used (these are recommended with Green Dot, Unique, Herco or Blue Dot).
Attachments
Westlake.jpg
James84

Re: Westlake Alfa Revolver 4" .357/.38 (full package)

#2 Post by James84 »

Price drop to £850 and I will be popping it on Gunstar as well
nunhead

#3 Post by nunhead »

Why not give it a last outing this coming Bank Holiday weekend at the Surrey Branch MLAGB "Repeating Pistol Meeting" ?
Attachments
SURREY BRANCH ENTRY FORM RP 2021.pdf
(488.14 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#4 Post by waterford103 »

Where did you get the tiny powder measure , I have a Westlake and reloading at the range is a pain.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
James84

#5 Post by James84 »

nunhead wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:01 pm Why not give it a last outing this coming Bank Holiday weekend at the Surrey Branch MLAGB "Repeating Pistol Meeting" ?
I didn't know this existed! If I wasn't away, I would have given it a crack
James84

#6 Post by James84 »

waterford103 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:31 am Where did you get the tiny powder measure , I have a Westlake and reloading at the range is a pain.
I got it from Westlake directly. Alan has them on the table at shows he exhibits at. Honestly, it makes life so much easier and I highly recommend them. Much quicker than pre-measuring phials, speed loaders or empty cases with a bullet in the top the night before. Just tap it between drops and you can rapidly charge each cylinder and then pop your bullets in.

I don't remember how much it was but I don't think it was silly money, perhaps £50? Drop Alan an email and see if he has any made up alan@westlakeengineering.com
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#7 Post by waterford103 »

Thanks , will do .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
hobbesy

#8 Post by hobbesy »

Has this sold?

Rob
S&W M&P 15-22
Stoeger Sec 1
Adler a110 Sec 1
Winchester 94 .357,
Marlin 45-70
Savage 10 FP-SR .223
AI AE .308
.357 Westlake Alpha

Have slots open for.....
.22 LB pistol
.22LR rifle
James84

#9 Post by James84 »

Still available. Waiting in a call from someone who is interested from Gunstar tomorrow morning though.
James84

#10 Post by James84 »

SOLD