Shooting Safety Glasses - New Product from ShootingSight

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ShootingSight

Shooting Safety Glasses - New Product from ShootingSight

#1 Post by ShootingSight »

New product announcement from ShootingSight LLC.

ShootingSight LLC is pleased to announce several new products for the shooter. Among them:

Shooting Safety Glasses. Unlike anything else on the market, these are true ANSI Z87+ high impact safety glasses that also incorporate a mild dioptric correction to bring your eye’s relaxed focal point back to the hyperfocal distance for the front sight. This allows you a much clearer view of the front sight, without giving up too much on the clarity of the target. I had prototypes of these out at Camp Perry this year, and they were very well received.

Young shooters, as well as shooters suffering from presbiopia, or ‘old eyes’ will benefit from having their eye remain in the relaxed state while focusing at the right distance to balance their depth of field between the front sight and the target.

Available in both +0.5 diopter for longer match rifles, or +0.75 diopter for shorter AR-15s, M-1 Carbines, or pistol shooting. These powers have been mathematically derived from the lens equations, based on the assumption that you have good distance vision. PD distance between the optical centers of the lenses have been reduced to place the ‘sweet spot’ of the lens somewhere between where you need it for offhand, and for Prone shooting.

Custom lens versions for people who wear glasses to see distance are not available at this time.

Also available are Safety Reading Glasses (or is that Reading Safety Glasses ?). These are standard reading glasses, like you buy at the drugstore, but they are ANSI Z87+ rated. Perfect for use around the shop, or loading bench. Unlike other safety reading glasses I have found, these are not bifocals. The lens is a single vision lens, so you do not have to tip your head back to see what you are doing – especially good if you are working with power tools and need your focus right all the time. These are available in a range of powers from +1.25 diopters, up to +3.00 diopters, depending on how close you need to focus. +1.5 is just about arm’s length work, +2.0 is reading distance, and +3.0 is up close work.

Price is $35 for the Shooting Safety Glasses, and $25 for the Reading Safety Glasses. Have not figured out international shipping costs, but it can't be that much.

Details can be seen at:
http://www.shootingsight.com/shootingglasses.html

Art Neergaard
shootingsight@nuvox.net
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Shooting Safety Glasses - New Product from ShootingSight

#2 Post by kennyc »

sorry couldn't resist it, Gerry Anderson was there 40yrs ago :D
brains-thiunderbir_1211873f.jpg
Dave 101

#3 Post by Dave 101 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ShootingSight

#4 Post by ShootingSight »

Too late with another good idea .... again!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

Do they come cased to stop scratching when being carried around and not in use?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
M99

#6 Post by M99 »

A damn sight cheaper than my Oakley's!! - One thing I always wear on the range (But oddly enough not when game shooting) is eye protection - I'd be lost without my vision - well worth protecting.

Mike
ShootingSight

#7 Post by ShootingSight »

They do not come cased. I usually use one of those purple felt bags that the bottles of Crown Royal whiskey come in, but at the price I am asking, I just could not make the economics work when I tried adding a bottle of Crown Royal into every sale.

The magic in these is not the safety glasses themselves, which are just your standard cheap safety glasses, but the low power corrective lenses they have. No other 'shooting glasses' manufacturer have bothered to understand the optical needs of a shooter to figure out where your focal point ought to be to establish proper juxtaposition of the front sight and the target.

Art
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

I am very interested in these glasses as they just what I feel I need but unless there is some effective way of protecting them then they will go the way of all the other shooting glasses I've had before them, scratched and useless.

I've tried various soft bag options with glasses in the past and found none of them satisfactory.

Looks like the hunt for shooting safety glasses continues. :(

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

M99

#9 Post by M99 »

dromia wrote:I am very interested in these glasses as they just what I feel I need but unless there is some effective way of protecting them then they will go the way of all the other shooting glasses I've had before them, scratched and useless.

I've tried various soft bag options with glasses in the past and found none of them satisfactory.

Looks like the hunt for shooting safety glasses continues. :(

Buy the glasses, then get a hard case from these guys - 2 styles, one for glasses with more than one set of lenses:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/61161-swis ... black.html

and one for standard:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/61153-swis ... black.html

Job done!

The first case is very similar in design to the one I got with my Oakley's

Mike
dromia
Site Admin

#10 Post by dromia »

Looks good, but are you sure shooting sights glasses will fit in that tin?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!