wanted 7.62x54R SVD Dragunov

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
duff eyed doyle

wanted 7.62x54R SVD Dragunov

#1 Post by duff eyed doyle »

for a project I have in mind I'm looking for a 7.62x54R straight pull svd anyone know of any 2nd hand ones for sale?
Christel
Site Admin

Re: wanted 7.62x54R SVD Dragunov

#2 Post by Christel »

Good luck in your search, there are not that many around and last time I looked the prices were rather high.

:shock:
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Project? Fancy telling us a bit more?

Christel shot one chambered in 54R for a year or so and used to push it to 1000 yards on occasion, I was never really taken with it myself.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
duff eyed doyle

#4 Post by duff eyed doyle »

ovenpaa wrote:Project? Fancy telling us a bit more?

Christel shot one chambered in 54R for a year or so and used to push it to 1000 yards on occasion, I was never really taken with it myself.

I'm after something a little out of the ordinary to shoot the McQueen and other sniper rifle matches in the first generation 7.62 military issue class.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

Well they are certainly quick to cycle. We had a shoot off at 600m once, 5 placed shots as quickly as possible, I seem to remember Christel took her 5 in 11 seconds
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by bnz41 »

What something thats quick check out Fultons at Bisley 7.62mm SGC AR 10 straight pull twin cocking handles :good: super quick....
better than the Drag..IMHO
duff eyed doyle

#7 Post by duff eyed doyle »

bnz41 wrote:What something thats quick check out Fultons at Bisley 7.62mm SGC AR 10 straight pull twin cocking handles :good: super quick....
better than the Drag..IMHO
Just had a look at this on fultons website and i have got to say the cocking handles appear to be the most inelegant piece of engineering I have cast my eyes on for some time! :bad:
lapua338

#8 Post by lapua338 »

That AR10 looks like a pogo stick!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#9 Post by pe4king »

lapua338 wrote:That AR10 looks like a pogo stick!
I saw it in Fultons a couple of weeks ago out of the corner of my eye, I thought AR10...............interesting then I got an eyefull and yes pogo stick, ive seen some big handles on things (make of that what you will)over the years(oh er missus) :cheers: but they take the biscuit :)
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

#10 Post by saddler »

...as an aside, I have a EC mate that is after a semi-auto SVD Dragunov - he has tried to get one from the USA but is only after a Russian made SVD, not the Turkish or Chinese copies

Just thought I would mention it in this thread as its along the same lines as the OP ad & there MAY be one kicking around with a UK S5 dealer