FAC Variation .

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dave 101

FAC Variation .

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

Once I have sold a rifle and notified the FEO within 7 days , how long do I have before I need to apply for a one for one variation or should it be done at the same time . Its just that I cant make my mind up on which calibre to apply for . I know I could just apply then change a slot but its all more paper work

Dave
ovenpaa

Re: FAC Variation .

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

You need to do it at the same time Dave or you will loose the spare slot and have to pay when you have decided....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

You have the same 7 days, if you haven't asked for the 1 for 1 in that time then they assume you no longer want the slot.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Thanks for the replies guys , thought that would be the case but you never know someone may have a wrinkle for getting round it .

Dave
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

I've done it after the fact, 3 weeks later IIRC, probably just depends on how the FEO is feeling on the day :roll:
DVC
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Sandgroper »

Dave 101 wrote:Once I have sold a rifle and notified the FEO within 7 days , how long do I have before I need to apply for a one for one variation or should it be done at the same time . Its just that I cant make my mind up on which calibre to apply for . I know I could just apply then change a slot but its all more paper work

Dave
I've always requested a one for one before I sell the rifle!

So far, Grampian has not had a problem with doing it that way around.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

Do they charge for the 1:1 if issued prior to you selling the existing rifle? I must admit it is a good ideas as it is always a faff if you want to upgrade.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote:Do they charge for the 1:1 if issued prior to you selling the existing rifle? I must admit it is a good ideas as it is always a faff if you want to upgrade.
No they've never charged, but I have wondered what would happen if I bought a new rifle before selling the old one? ;)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
AL8

#9 Post by AL8 »

when I did a one for one I phoned my FEO beforehand, it saved any hassle
Hauptman

#10 Post by Hauptman »

I got a temporary permit for a month to enable me to buy two new rifles on a one for one variation before I sold the existing two.
This was with Hants. Constabulary. Very helpful, I thought. I would have been gutted had I missed the two new rifles.