Leupold Mk4 or similar & case preparation tools

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Dr. Strangelove

Leupold Mk4 or similar & case preparation tools

#1 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

Hey all,

I'm after a scope suitable for long range target shooting. I used a friends 10x44 Hensoldt at 600 metres today and the magnification was fine - I won't need a massive amount of zoom on it. I'd like to be able to adjust 1/4MOA per click, otherwise I'd go for the Mk4 for sale on the forum.
Anyone got anything to suit? Forgot to say, I'd prefer a Mil Dot reticule!

And regarding case preparation bits 'n' bobs, I'd like to be able to de-prime, neck size (.303 & .308) and then tumble, no place to store powder/primers at the moment :( Is there a tool I can use to de-prime and neck size by hand? I assume the Lee hand press will do that but I want to be sure! What will I need with that?

Thanks!

Dr. S
Individual

Re: Leupold Mk4 or similar & case preparation tools

#2 Post by Individual »

Hi,

For your simple case prep a LEE handheld press will work, I haven't used one myself, but they do look quite slow. As an alternative you could get one of the cheaper (but OK) presses like a Lee Classic Cast press (about £70 new, and less secondhand) and mount it on a piece of sturdy ply which you can then G-Clamp on any suitable table - I used my kitchen table quite successfully for about a year with this arrangement.
The press just got put away in a cupboard under the stairs when the kitchen table was required for its secondary use.

Assuming you are re-loading for rifle whichever press you go for you will need dies (of course) but also some calipers and a case trimmer would be a wise precaution even if neck sizing only.

Kitchen cupboards are OK to store Powder and Primers. Just label the box 'High Calorie Consumables' :grin:
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Leupold Mk4 or similar & case preparation tools

#3 Post by 20series »

I had a Leupold and the optics were first class the biggest issue with all Leup zoom scopes is he eye relief changes with the zoom!

Have a look at Sightron, I have two S111 8-32x56 and the 10-50x60 both fine cross hair with target dot but they do a mill-dot and mill line reticle
http://aimfieldsports.com/Sightron-Store

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP