Recommended gun safe

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Fullbore

Recommended gun safe

#1 Post by Fullbore »

Ok looks like I will need to get another safe for my guns so will probably be looking for a 7+ gun safe with integral ammo safe, I have a Brattonsound 5 gun at the moment but thinking of looking at a digital keypad safe maybe (for convenience, no keys to secure)

are they any good?
can anyone recommend one?
I don't want to spend the earth as that will just reduce what I can spend on my first gun/s

Thanks
ovenpaa

Re: Recommended gun safe

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

We use a Brattonsound 7 gun deep/tall as our primary cabinet, the keys then go into a digital safe. I think it is best to fit a larger cabinet as you will fill it with time and if it cramped you will end up bashing the rifles as they go in and come out. Christel can confirm this as her rifle stock now has a scuff on one side.

Oops..... :oops:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Fullbore

#3 Post by Fullbore »

ovenpaa wrote:We use a Brattonsound 7 gun deep/tall as our primary cabinet, the keys then go into a digital safe.
There lies the problem as thats what we do now, so if i got an additional safe with keys then i couldn't put them in the same digital safe as the other gun safe as that would count as the wife having access, so i would either need to get a digital gun safe or an additional safe to keep the keys in.
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

What about a second digital safe to keep your ammunition, bolt and keys to the safe in? We have a7 gun with three digital lock safes bolted to it/the floor/wall/each other.

Fair to say we know each others 6 digit codes but we do have shared access...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Fullbore

#5 Post by Fullbore »

Thats an option to look at, do they have much in the way of safes at the show?
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

They are sure to have a few on show :good:
/d

Shed Journal
firestarter

#7 Post by firestarter »

I have a buffalo river 10 gun cabinet with electronic lock and would recommend it.
Love the fact i don't have to hide the keys from the wife and kids anymore!
The internal lockable ammo box still has keys though!