Shooting Zombies

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Robin128

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout

#11 Post by Robin128 »

ovenpaa wrote:Perhaps the Viking can move the Zombie posts over to save hijacking this thread any further and you two can have a proper zombie fest? :lol:
Nah...all the more fun having a hi-jack...I know lets only post on this thread this morning.

:lol: :lol:

Rob
ovenpaa

Re: Shooting Zombies

#12 Post by ovenpaa »

What about an SMLE for medium range Zombie bashing, open sights, 10 round mag, nice and short and bayonets are plentiful ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
benne

#13 Post by benne »

In the spirit of Friday and all that is possible in the movies :D

These are fine for picking-off at a distance and the axe etc. for close-up work however, these buggers are like illegals, they just keep coming and you will soon be out of ammo or to tired to swing the axe (unless you are Klingon). Now as this is 'film speak' I would have the flame-thrower (from Alien) and the M134 mini gun (Terminator 2, Predator).
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

This is a serious debate! :P

Look at that mini gun.....wow!

Looks the part but will it take the brain out as is needed?
Attachments
image_4.png
ovenpaa

#15 Post by ovenpaa »

Brains, bodies, cars, houses, surrounding countryside..... I am sure it is quiet capable just a bit of a nightmare carrying spare ammunition for it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#16 Post by Christel »

ovenpaa wrote:What about an SMLE for medium range Zombie bashing, open sights, 10 round mag, nice and short and bayonets are plentiful ;)

I reckon it smacks too hard to be ok in the long run.
Robin128

#17 Post by Robin128 »

Something light weight would be fine...

Great minds think alike!

Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Mini gun...

I reckon not accurate enough and you are right about spare ammo.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

benne wrote:In the spirit of Friday and all that is possible in the movies :D

These are fine for picking-off at a distance and the axe etc. for close-up work however, these buggers are like illegals, they just keep coming and you will soon be out of ammo or to tired to swing the axe (unless you are Klingon). Now as this is 'film speak' I would have the flame-thrower (from Alien) and the M134 mini gun (Terminator 2, Predator).
As its Friday, and lunch time . . . why would you opt for a flame thrower? They kill by destroying the lungs and skin, neither of which would stop a movie zombie (remove the head or destroy the brain), so you'd just end up with flaming zombies gnawing on you! Also a mini-gun, have you seen how long it takes to load one of those things?! Plus it would be immobile and you'd be through you ammo supply in under a minute!

Personally i'd opt for a sawn off shotgun, a full-bore pistol and a rifle like a Steyr AUG, M4 or G36. As none of those are available to me (unless i go shopping at the nearest ARV/Police HQ) i'll have to stick with my SGC LRA9, M2 and straight-pull AUG and just hope that they don't get too close. And they're not those sprinty ones like in 28 Days Later :o :lol:

Don't forget to wear those safety glasses (or swimming goggles - belt and braces) and mouth mask if the blood starts flying! :geek:
Last edited by Blackstuff on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVC
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

christel wrote:This is a serious debate! :P

Look at that mini gun.....wow!

Looks the part but will it take the brain out as is needed?
Believe it or not but thats actually a £4000 airsoft mini-gun! (You can see the magazine poking out from behind the carry handle :ugeek: )
DVC