Gun Cabinet Size???

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

ovenpaa

Re: Gun Cabinet Size???

#11 Post by ovenpaa »

I have the BS 7 rifle deep and struggle to fit a long barrelled F Open rifle in it. I use separate ammunition lockers bolted to the main gun cabinet, each other, the floor and the wall.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#12 Post by Dougan »

Definately the biggest you can afford, and have room for - I have been restricted by where I can put my 2 cabinets, but if I had the room I'd get deeper ones, as since adding scopes to a couple of rifles it's a bit of a jiggle getting them all in carefully...

Another question if I may: What are the rules with separate ammo safes - i.e. Do they have to be bolted to the wall like a gun cabinet, or can you just put them in the back of a cupboard...?
M99

#13 Post by M99 »

Dougan wrote:
Another question if I may: What are the rules with separate ammo safes - i.e. Do they have to be bolted to the wall like a gun cabinet, or can you just put them in the back of a cupboard...?
They need to be affixed to an outside wall/foor or loft support beams etc

I've just had a visit this morning about a variation and he was happy with all mine spread around the house on 3 different levels!

Mike
Dangermouse

#14 Post by Dangermouse »

Whatever you get look at the weight - depending where you put it you may need some help moving it,

DM
ovenpaa

#15 Post by ovenpaa »

I managed to get mine into place mostly on my own by wrapping a climbing sling around it to have something to hold on to. They are pigs to move around without assistance.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#16 Post by Dougan »

MiLisCer wrote:
Dougan wrote:
They need to be affixed to an outside wall/foor or loft support beams etc

I've just had a visit this morning about a variation and he was happy with all mine spread around the house on 3 different levels!

Mike
Thanks Mike - I've got a good spot (hidden away) for an ammo safe, but would only be able to fix it to the floor, so wasn't sure....I'll double check with my FO first though...
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#17 Post by meles meles »

We'd highly recommend http://www.westlander.co.uk/pioneer.html gunsafes. Police approved and a penny or two cheaper than Brattonsound boxes. Bigger too, so more bangsticks per buck...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Meaty

#18 Post by Meaty »

I have a Brat MT7+ as I needed to fit a couple of long muzzle loaders in it-the longest m/l I have is 53" and there is still about 7" spare at the top (time to fit a shelf in there I think)
If I had to buy another cabinet I would definitely buy a deeper one as its amazing how much space a scoped rifle takes up.