223 which one

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Andy632

Re: 223 which one

#11 Post by Andy632 »

Dellboy wrote:
Andy632 wrote:
meles meles wrote:"Right or even a 1 in 7"

You'll make those little bullets go dizzy....

Yup it certainly does, my 26" 1 in 7" .223
quote]

looks the part what is it ?
Fulton Armory Maryland USA AR15 lower (Lower part of my Mirage match rifle), 26" Lothar Walther 1 in 7" heavy barrel, Wylde chamber, A4 flattop, Versa pod bipod, 1907 sling, cheap'n'nasty scope on ARMS QD mounts, target foresight on a riser block and not in the picture a Centra dioptre rearsight which clips onto the picanniny rail.
EagerNoSkill

#12 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Ovenpaa recommendation is very good

I however was ambushed by a CZ 527 Varminter

I am very very impressed she is more accurate than I hoped

Will see if I can find link
M99

#13 Post by M99 »

You need to think about how you are going to shoot it.

If you are going to be foxing from a vehicle, then a shorter barrel makes life easy. Your foxing shots are going to be really within 300 yrds max.

Do you have your FAC conditioned for "vermin" too - I can use mine on any vermin and with 40g V-max it is a devastatingly accurate bunny gun.

Mine only has a 19" tube and is really running out of steam by 600 yards - but it is still great fun on the range out that far. I am on the look out for a straight pull AR15 type for the range now and PR, as I have a spare .223 slot on my ticket.

If you are looking at shooting more target than fox/vermin - then a longer barrel will get you out further than 600 but at the expense of more weight and the longer barrel being a pain from a vehicle.

One to cover both bases would be the CZ or Remi 700, a faster twist will allow heavier ammo and the longer range shooting on the range - but for foxing out to 300 yds or so, nothing wrong with a 1:12 and varmint ammo or Hollow points - Mr fox doesn't know what has hit him.

Mike
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#14 Post by the running man »

I also am after a .223.......I don't have stupid amounts of cash to throw at it,I only want it for occasional fox,and mostly at the range,so a sporting barrell I need not! I fancy a ruger 77 they are nice or a rem 700 if I can get a reasonably priced one......howa look ok,as long as its a 1 inch group at 200 then ile be happy.....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!