How to extend my shooting to free time.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: How to extend my shooting to free time.

#21 Post by Mike357 »

AL8 wrote:nice to see younger people involved in shooting. The club I go to use MOD ranges and we have been told that the minimum age is 16, but under supervision.
Another issue of Landmarc/MoD pleasing themselves. Our local MOD range bloke in charge told me to my face that as the cadets can shoot at 12, he saw no reason why a 15 year old in our club couldn't shoot but they will not put it in writing and our club insurers have grumbled at this so we have had to impose an 18 limit.

Can an NRA type assist in clarifying this?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Buzz
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & pistol club

#22 Post by Buzz »

Did you contact the Oundle club?

Theres a few members on here that are in it, all a nice bunch.

The outdoor range is shut at the moment however as it is undergoing some major building work but will be nice when it's finished.
There is also an indoor range for air / .22 rim fire and pistol cal.

Buzz.
Jwimpeney

#23 Post by Jwimpeney »

I am going to contact the oundle club, there's a particular member who can loan me a rifle.

I should be a KD to commence fring there afte the imperial, and I'll get myself the NRA membership and club membership. I've read that the outdoor range goes up to 100 yards, does this still support target shooting, or will I need something like a pistol calibre rifle?
Mr_Logic

#24 Post by Mr_Logic »

There are club guns to shoot anyway, if I'm there you can shoot mine no problem.
Jwimpeney

#25 Post by Jwimpeney »

Thank you very much. Do you want to email me your name do I knew who you are, again, thank you!!

I'm just sorting out lift arrangements and times with my parents, then I'll get myself all tenrequired memberships, and I'll hope to see you soon!
Buzz
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & pistol club

#26 Post by Buzz »

100 yd is full bore 50 and 25 are small bore, pistol cal, BP and shotgun unless i'm wrong.

The club has Rifles there's Rim fires plus .223, .303, .308

I'll be there when it opens again but most sundays I'm at the indoor range at the mo.
Jwimpeney

#27 Post by Jwimpeney »

Well that's what the website says.

Never shot 100 yard fullbore.. The targets must be tiny. While that is closed, are there any pistol calibre/.22 rifles to borrow? I'm guessing yes when you write "rim fires"
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#28 Post by 20series »

Oundle isnt a TR club its more for plinkers. There is a small band of smallbore shooters, but afaik no one shoots fullbore TR.

Most people just come to shoot for fun, I expect just about every calibre of rifle can be found.

We occasionally get down to Bisley and have a bash at long range.

Alan
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OFu5O_Y0JE [/youtube]
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mr_Logic

#29 Post by Mr_Logic »

Very true. But it does open doors for other clubs, and proves very useful for load testing so long as your chrono is bulletproof...
dta europe

#30 Post by dta europe »

There are a few TR shooters at Oundle, however as Alan says, it is not the primary discipline.

Do you have the contact details of the membership secretary.

If not ping me a PM and we can get you squared away.

Ewen