Pre war English 'scope wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Pre war English 'scope wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I am after a pre war pattern English 'scope of some sort for a project, does anyone have anything to had? I am not too fussed about condition or magnification as long as it is Pre 1939 (older is better) and if it comes with a set of rings even better.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: Pre war English 'scope wanted

#2 Post by pe4king »

David is this for what I think ?, ill ask around I have an idea I may know someone.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Aye, this is to go on my P14.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Heres a very nice scope , manufacturing started in 1939 and made by Fecker of the USA for the British market stamped Parker Hale 9x magnification .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221014470132? ... 1438.l2649
Dave
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

That is very nice indeed, it is a bit more than I wanted to spend but well worth watching
/d

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#7 Post by Dave 101 »

Theres this old Weaver K4 its got a classic look to it , trouble is there arent that many English pre war scopes around , as there werent many UK manufacturers of scopes .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290705141329? ... 1438.l2649

Dave
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

What sort of elevation range would the K4 have in minutes? I have been looking but cannot find anything concrete on the range.
/d

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#9 Post by Dave 101 »

ovenpaa wrote:What sort of elevation range would the K4 have in minutes? I have been looking but cannot find anything concrete on the range.
Sorry Dave cant help you there
ovenpaa

#10 Post by ovenpaa »

I was just looking at the Weaver G4 which looked perfect for my needs but a bit of digging shows it as rated for .22 so I doubt it will be happy on a .303 What I need is a history of the Weaver scopes. Looking on eBlag USA there are loads for sale..
/d

Shed Journal