No8 scope tin for a No32 scope

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

No8 scope tin for a No32 scope

#1 Post by pe4king »

As in the title does anybody have a buckshee one or know the whereabouts of one ?.
Cash waiting (well burning a hole in my pocket)

For the uninitiated
Attachments
No8 tin and strap
No8 tin and strap
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

Re: No8 scope tin for a No32 scope

#2 Post by saddler »

You'll either need a fat wallet or be very good at holding your breath...they seem to have been fabricated using that rarest of metals, unobtainium...

Repro. ones are available and may fill the gap while waiting for a genuine example.

I make the leather scope tin straps & other No.32 leather accessories.

...best of luck locating a tin
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by Sandgroper »

Callum Ferguson at Precision Rifle Services had one maybe 2 to 3 months ago. No idea if it's still available. http://www.precisionrifles.com/
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
pe4king

#4 Post by pe4king »

Yes I know they are a rareity, there are repro ones available in France, just wondering if anything else was about, ill give Callum a bell tomorrow sign92
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

Try Roger Payne first. There were a few floating around at the Phoenix among the dealers
Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

Ah, wht didn't you say!! I had a couple in the garage that were used for keeping odd screws and nails in! Last weekend they were painted and nailed to the tree in the garden to be used as weather stations for the kids........ I thought they were off a set of old field telephones!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:Ah, wht didn't you say!! I had a couple in the garage that were used for keeping odd screws and nails in! Last weekend they were painted and nailed to the tree in the garden to be used as weather stations for the kids........ I thought they were off a set of old field telephones!
Proof - if ever needed - that what folk say about you is all true!! :55: kukkuk :run: bigteeth
Dave 101

#8 Post by Dave 101 »

Sim G wrote:Ah, wht didn't you say!! I had a couple in the garage that were used for keeping odd screws and nails in! Last weekend they were painted and nailed to the tree in the garden to be used as weather stations for the kids........ I thought they were off a set of old field telephones!

Thats an expensive [ painfull ] £600

Dave
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote: Proof - if ever needed - that what folk say about you is all true!! :55: kukkuk :run: bigteeth

You finished my Taurus LBR holster yet? :squirrel: :55:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#10 Post by pe4king »

Did you mate Bugger **** I would have swapped you for a DSR1 that I managed to pick up for fifty quid, but sorry to say I cut it up and am currently using it as an umberella stand :55: