Swedish mauser

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
dirtydawk

Swedish mauser

#1 Post by dirtydawk »

Hi guys
I am in the market for an M1896 6.5mm Swedish Mauser at present. I have not had much luck thus far and was hoping that somebody could point me in the right direction of a RFD or private owner with one they'd part with
Regards
Ian
Meaty

Re: Swedish mauser

#2 Post by Meaty »

Chris at C&G firearms has at least 3 atm ranging from £600-£750. Sorry, dont know if that is a good price or not.
Ballistol

#3 Post by Ballistol »

I've got an absolute minter, a M96/38.

PM if you want a couple of pictures.
saddler

#4 Post by saddler »

A local to me shooter has an M96 for sale...

There were M96's at the Phoenix for the £300 mark, then the C&G ones that were at the prices already mentioned

DodgyRog HAD a few a while back - all sold to Consett club chaps if memory serves....

Dromia & myself will be bringing some back from Sverige once we get the paperwork sorted out!!
How many would you like?

What model M96 are you after?
dirtydawk

#5 Post by dirtydawk »

Cheers guys
I'm not looking to pay C&G or Emmerichs prices. I'm not a tight ar$e or anything but all I'm after is either a long rifle or carbine version that shoots straight.
Just found out a local RFD has a carbine in which is meant to be a good un and am going to see it tomorrow. If its no good then I will be in touch Balistol and in the meantime I continue to welcome any further suggestions.
And no I'm not allowed an M/41b cos the long haired general says so :-(
Thanks again
Ian
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

...it's m/41B - go stand on the naughty step!!

PM Douglas670 on here - he had one for sale
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

FRS (Fenland Rural Sports) usually have a few SE Mausers in the back room as well :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tikkathreebarrels

#8 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

dirtydawk wrote:Cheers guys
I'm not looking to pay C&G or Emmerichs prices. I'm not a tight ar$e or anything but all I'm after is either a long rifle or carbine version that shoots straight.
Just found out a local RFD has a carbine in which is meant to be a good un and am going to see it tomorrow. If its no good then I will be in touch Balistol and in the meantime I continue to welcome any further suggestions.
And no I'm not allowed an M/41b cos the long haired general says so :-(
Thanks again
Ian

Chris Smith at Smith Arms in Essex has got my M96 Carl Gustav. The woodwork isn't cosmetically perfect but all numbers match and it comes with the correct bore guide and extension cleaning rod. When it went to Chris there was no rust and I don't imagine it's grown any since he took it in for sale.
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

tikkathreebarrels wrote: Chris Smith at Smith Arms in Essex has got my M96 Carl Gustav. The woodwork isn't cosmetically perfect but all numbers match and it comes with the correct bore guide and extension cleaning rod. When it went to Chris there was no rust and I don't imagine it's grown any since he took it in for sale.
Ah, that's yours
Almost bought that rifle at Newark...

I described the stock alterations to one of my mates when I was last in Sweden.
He said it would have been done for either a female shooter or a teenager.

New stocks are easily picked up over there still...
dirtydawk

#10 Post by dirtydawk »

Been to see one today. Lovely little m/96-38 dated 1905. All matching numbers including barrel bands and cleaning rod! Just gutted that I can't pick it up until next week!
Cheers for all the help once again.