Swedish mauser

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
tikkathreebarrels

Re: Swedish mauser

#11 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

The previous owner chopped the stock and presented me with the missing piece mounted on an engraved block "for tapping/hammering things on" sign01 . I found the result too short but can't for the life of me remember whether it went to Chris "patch on" or "patch off".

Still a nice toy, lovely rifle to shoot but I need it less and can find a good use for the beans.

saddler wrote:
tikkathreebarrels wrote: Chris Smith at Smith Arms in Essex has got my M96 Carl Gustav. The woodwork isn't cosmetically perfect but all numbers match and it comes with the correct bore guide and extension cleaning rod. When it went to Chris there was no rust and I don't imagine it's grown any since he took it in for sale.
Ah, that's yours
Almost bought that rifle at Newark...

I described the stock alterations to one of my mates when I was last in Sweden.
He said it would have been done for either a female shooter or a teenager.

New stocks are easily picked up over there still...
Meaty

Re: Swedish mauser

#12 Post by Meaty »

Damn and blast!!
I have just had a friend and fellow club member contact me saying he has a M1896 made in 1911(?) 6.5mm Swedish Mauser for sale-talk about bad timing sign01
If anyone is interested it is on Gunstar under MFL Classic Firearms-looks nice and is up for £395.00
Steve (the owner) is a decent chap as well.