Black Powder license

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Primer

Black Powder license

#1 Post by Primer »

Hi guys,

Saw a couple of nice bp revolvers at the range the other day and it got me thinking and have a couple of questions-

Do you have to specify a calibre you want to own or can you request bp revolver on a variation request?

Do I need to apply for an explovises licence to purchase black powder? I see I would need to construct a storage box for it.

Actually do you need an explosives license for smokeless powders for normal reloading anyway?

Thanks in advance
ovenpaa

Re: Black Powder license

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

You need to specify calibre.

You need an aquire and keep for black powder and a recipient transfer notice to buy and take the stuff away from a shop, both are free of charge, first from Police and second from HSE.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#3 Post by Tower75 »

Just to add my £0.06p, which is about 2 cents, US. The Acquire and Keep licence and the transport permit is now one document. They merged them in June.

As above, they're FoC, and you need one if you want true "black powder", but you don't need one if you're going to buy modern black powder substitutes.
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Humph... I renewed mine probably start of June, pity I could not have hung out a bit longer but it was et to expire...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal