AIAW Moderator

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: AIAW Moderator

#11 Post by pe4king »

The rifle was proofed .308win the mod thread is defiantly a left hand, at the time it didn't matter to me as all I needed was it to fit the brake it was as came with the rifle, M18x 1.5 LH could be right as the thread was more course than the barrel thread which was M18 x 1
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

Hang on, Kev.... was this mod not the specific one made for AI to fit directly onto the actual muzzle brake, as opposed to a bare, threaded barrel?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dr. Strangelove

#13 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

The MAE moderators for the single port tactical muzzle brake are suited to an M18 x 1.5 left hand thread. That's the thread that you have when you unscrew the thread protector on the single port brake.

AI barrels are threaded M18 x 1.5 right hand (as standard) at the muzzle.
pe4king

#14 Post by pe4king »

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The MAE moderators for the single port tactical muzzle brake are suited to an M18 x 1.5 left hand thread. That's the thread that you have when you unscrew the thread protector on the single port brake.

thanks for that, there's your answer
Now does anybody want it or shall I take a gas axe to it :run:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
7mm longrangesniper

#15 Post by 7mm longrangesniper »

Hi Mate
So are you saying that the Mod thread is M18 X 1.5 with a left handed thread, Yes or No. bangbang

Steve :flag13:
pe4king

#16 Post by pe4king »

7mm longrangesniper wrote:Hi Mate
So are you saying that the Mod thread is M18 X 1.5 with a left handed thread, Yes or No. bangbang

Steve :flag13:
yes that would be correct
Jame5m

#17 Post by Jame5m »

pe4king wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:The MAE moderators for the single port tactical muzzle brake are suited to an M18 x 1.5 left hand thread. That's the thread that you have when you unscrew the thread protector on the single port brake.

thanks for that, there's your answer
Now does anybody want it or shall I take a gas axe to it :run:
Well I'll pay postage on it as a development sample if your gonna cut it up anyway....
M41B

#18 Post by M41B »

I am pretty sure the barrel is right hand thread to screw the brake on but the exposed thread for the mod is left hand as I found to my cost the first time I tried to remove it. I will check with Sporting services to see whether it would be proofed for win mag tomorrow if that's okay.
Mat
I enjoy my shooting but usually get a better group with the empty cases !!!!
pe4king

#19 Post by pe4king »

M41B wrote:I am pretty sure the barrel is right hand thread to screw the brake on but the exposed thread for the mod is left hand as I found to my cost the first time I tried to remove it. I will check with Sporting services to see whether it would be proofed for win mag tomorrow if that's okay.
Mat
Mat you are correct with the handing of the threads, I shall wait to hear from you about what they say re proofing.
pe4king

#20 Post by pe4king »

Sold to M41B pending funds.