Flat based .303 bullets 174 grain.

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

Flat based .303 bullets 174 grain.

#1 Post by waterford103 »

Does anyone know where I can get some of these,they are the standard .303 military bullets ,not the boattail mk 8s any????
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Steve E

Re: Flat based .303 bullets 174 grain.

#2 Post by Steve E »

Bes Bullets do them at £40 per 100 plus P&P. I find that the Sierra 174 BTHP works very well at about £27 per 100. It all depends on your barrel dimensions. I have tried the Bes bullet and found in my rifles that they were not worth the outlay.
Hornady do a .312 174gr .303 Round Nose Flat base and they work very well, they are just very difficult to get these days.
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Henry Kranks do a 170 grain flat base bullet they are cheap as chips. They work well in my No4 Lee enfield my SMLE and my Winchester P14 with 41 grains of N140.

I bought a barrow load last time I was there as well as a load of other stuff I struggle to get bullets and reloading stuff locally were I live its a constant problem.
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#4 Post by waterford103 »

Thanks ,I think a call to Kranks is in order.

:flag6:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933