Martini Henry adjustable backsight

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Chaspuss

Martini Henry adjustable backsight

#1 Post by Chaspuss »

I have just seen a windage adjustable rear sight for a Martini Henry, has anyone any knowledge of theses and are they available anywhere? I have tried a few searches but come up enpty handed. All help, as always greatly appreciated!
Thanks muchly
Bob T
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

Re: Martini Henry adjustable backsight

#2 Post by FredB »

If you mean the windage adjustable slider which replaces the one on the ladder sight, I have one here. Genuine piece of precision engineering---close to watch making.
let me know if this is what you want,
Fred
Chaspuss

#3 Post by Chaspuss »

That sound like the item! Does it simly replace the slider on the ladder? Or is it a totally new backsight?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

The Ross MK111 backsight is what I use it just drops in no fitting necessary, has an aperture as well as the windage and elevation. It has certainly shrunk my groups.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Chaspuss

#5 Post by Chaspuss »

The Ross would be great for range days, but I hope to shoot in our black powder comps. The rifle can have some mods. but must be in period to qualify, which is why the discovery of the backsight is soo attractive. But if it's in period I'll try and see if I can swing it!
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#6 Post by FredB »

As I said, this thing looks externally exactly like the existing slider. It has system of gooves built into it which allows the blade to slide under thunb pressure. It appears to have a form of spring retainer inside it, but the screw that holds it together is so tiny that I have never dared to take it apart. If you are talking about small windage corrections, nobody would notice that this sight is not standard. I have it on my Martini Henry Mk4 and took it off when I sold it. The bad news is that I paid £40 for it about 12 years ago. The sightly better news is that I am happy to let it go for that as I will never use it again. Send me an E Mail on fredboulton12@gmail.co.uk and I will take a picture of it and send it to you.
Fred
Chaspuss

#7 Post by Chaspuss »

Hi Fred, tried your link but my email bouces back, would you check it for me please???
Cheers
bob T
phaedra1106

#8 Post by phaedra1106 »

It will be gmail.com as there's no gmail.co.uk :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Chaspuss

#9 Post by Chaspuss »

Cheers phaedra1106! I'll change the address and try again. Many thanks!!!
Just noticed your adress, need to ask is the best bit of Sacriston Witton Gilbert??????
Has The Trav's improved? Seemed to go downhill after it was sold.
Thanks,

Bob T