nagant sniper

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

nagant sniper

#1 Post by leeroy7031 »

As per the title, looking for a nice ww2 genuine example, preferably Tula but others considered.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: nagant sniper

#2 Post by meles meles »

Chris at C&G often has a few in, and Paul at Thames Valley may do, or his version of it.

http://www.cgfirearms.co.uk

http://www.thamesvalleyguns.co.uk
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

leeroy7031 wrote:As per the title, looking for a nice ww2 genuine example, preferably Tula but others considered.

If you haven't already had a look, CG have a few on their website :good:

http://www.cgfirearms.co.uk

HTH :wave:
Alan

edit
didn't read Badgers post properly sign01
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#4 Post by pe4king »

I know where there ar 2 originals, not thrown together tourist versions, I will pm details and you can discuss with him directly
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#5 Post by leeroy7031 »

A 1939 Tula is on the way from Ryton arms.... I just need to sort out appopriate mount and glass.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Laurie

#6 Post by Laurie »

If you're still looking for one, I've got a 1943 Izhevsk with 3.5 PU scope for sale. Not a genuine one I'd imagine, but a refurbished rilfe with postwar scope put on by oner of the German arms companies, and it is properly set up.

It'll shoot one to two-MOA groups at 100 and my best 5-round group in load development was 0.86" off a Diggle bench.

It comes with sling, bayonet, cleaning kit, ammo pouches (if I can find them - not seen them for a year or two!)

Lee die set + Lyman 0.310 'M' mandrel expander die and shellholders.

100 good Lapua cases + smaller number PPU and S&B

36 rounds S&B 180gn FMJ ammo

several hundred bullets including some Sierra 174gn MKs

Currently being held by Fox Firearms in his armoury

£600 for the package.