Shooting at different Ranges

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

@nd

Shooting at different Ranges

#1 Post by @nd »

Hi All
If and when i get my FAC i will use Bisley as my home range. Can i shoot at different ranges like Barton Road on occasions as long as i have insurance and safety certs or do they have to be included on the FAC when i first apply
Andrew
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Shooting at different Ranges

#2 Post by IainWR »

Your FAC is valid anywhere unless there is a specific condition on it saying that it isn't. Such a condition is definitely not normal. Your NRA membership provides insurance wherever you are in the UK and most places worldwide. Your SCC is personal to you and is only required on an MoD range or at Bisley.

Now, all of the above is subject to the overriding point that the operators of a range can impose such conditions as they see fit. Their insurance may not permit you, even if yours does. Or they might just not like you.
@nd

#3 Post by @nd »

thanks for the help
Andrew
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Barton Road is used by different clubs and not all of them have guest days so you may need to be a member of the club before you can shoot there. having said that BRPC have guest days at short distances at Barton and membership of the Grove who shoot out to 1200 is GBP50/PA and new members are always welcome.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
@nd

#5 Post by @nd »

Thanks Ovenpaa
i just used barton road as an example but the membership to the grove seems reasonable. Does it matter how many clubs you join once you have a ticket to allow you to shoot different ranges
Andrew
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

Andrew, you can be a member of as many clubs as you wish.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal