Cz452 / brno mod 2

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
zzr1100

Cz452 / brno mod 2

#1 Post by zzr1100 »

I want to buy a s/h cz452 / brno mod 2 in the next couple of weeks .. Finances are tight so I don't want to pay loads .. Any points to look out for ?
saddler

Moved posts CZ

#2 Post by saddler »

What is your budget?

I have one listed for sale on the site.
Could always sell it without scope/rings & other accessories to get the sale price down.
BestDrugDoc
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Felton and District Rifle Club

Re: Cz452 / brno mod 2

#3 Post by BestDrugDoc »

We also have one for sale - few scratches on stock hence would be low price but excellent shooter - also have 4 spare mags....

PM me if you are interested.

Joss
zzr1100

#4 Post by zzr1100 »

Thanks for the messages, I used to be in the business of buying and selling motorcycles .. There is a point that if you pay to little you are buying a problem, is this the case with these rifles ? And if so what should I look to spend ?
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

The main moving part on most rifles, esp. with bolt actions is to keep an eye on the moving parts

As .22 rifles solely use lead bullets, the moving part (the bullet) will take several decades to show any significant wear on the barrel...IF at all
Back in the black powder/mercuric primer days, not quite the case as rusting/pitting was prevalent & I have seen many otherwise nice .22 rimfires that had barrels that you could plant vegetable in.

You should be able to pick up a very tidy example for about £200 - much better value than new & in many cases also tuned & with trigger kits fitted, etc.
Like anything else, it also depends on how keen the seller is to free up a slot, etc.