About to put in my first FAC application

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

StangGT

About to put in my first FAC application

#1 Post by StangGT »

So, my probation is nearly up...

in 10 days time the forms will be filled in and winging their way to the police.

Just thought I'd put a thread up in here for no good reason other than that.

Should I be worried about:

- under convictions, I've got 3 convictions for speeding. I'm guessing they're no big deal?
- background checks: I dont think I have any skeletons in the closet, but who knows what info's on the file?

I'm obviously very excited about the prospect of receiving the ticket and that first purchase. I think I've narrowed it down to a choice between a Mossberg 590 and a Benelli Supernova.

will try to keep this thread updated...
SevenSixTwo

Re: About to put in my first FAC application

#2 Post by SevenSixTwo »

I have a conviction for assault... so I wouldn't worry about speeding.
StangGT

#3 Post by StangGT »

Haha, brilliant...
Filling out the forms does make you question how squeaky clean you are tho!
SevenSixTwo

#4 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Stating your criminal (or otherwise) past is more a matter of honesty and integrity than anything else. Good luck with the app. :good:
Dougan

#5 Post by Dougan »

I would say good luck...but you'll be fine...

...one good thing about about getting your FAC is that it shows your a model citizen O:-)
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

The new forms seem a bit easier these days, good luck with the application.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
zzr1100

#7 Post by zzr1100 »

best of luck ... when filling in the form mention everything ... including speeding ... its up to them to decide how important it is ..
leaving something out can be seen as deception ...

When I applied for mine they knew loads ... for instance they knew I had done a speed awareness course ,that my wife had been assaulted at work and I had a phone stolen from my car !!!
sidawson

#8 Post by sidawson »

I've just put mine in too last week, how long roughly till they contact you to arrange the visit.
Gaz

#9 Post by Gaz »

It entirely depends on the personal whims and prejudices of your FEO. It's a postcode lottery.

Good luck.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#10 Post by 20series »

Gaz wrote:It entirely depends on the personal whims and prejudices of your FEO. It's a postcode lottery.

Good luck.
+1 on what Gaz said,

its likely to be a few weeks and don't get excited if they've cashed your cheque ! that's the first thing they do.. :good:

Good luck with your application :cheers:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP