AR15 lower wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

AR15 lower wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I am after an AR15 lower, not fussed about the make or condition too much as it is only to test something.

Anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sixshot6

Re: AR15 lower wanted

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

ovenpaa wrote:I am after an AR15 lower, not fussed about the make or condition too much as it is only to test something.

Anyone?
What are you thinking of testing? Anything good?
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

I've seen them listed online as not on ticket so free to buy by all & sundry!
safetyfirst

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

Is the lower not the serial numbered part?
nickb834

#5 Post by nickb834 »

safetyfirst wrote:Is the lower not the serial numbered part?
It well have a serial number but that doesn't necessarily make it controlled. equally, the inverse isn't always true - I have a number of moderators that aren't serial no'd but they're still controlled.
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#6 Post by Mattnall »

Go buy an old spec de-act. and see how controlled the lower is on that.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Mattnall wrote:Go buy an old spec de-act. and see how controlled the lower is on that.
I tried to argue that with my FLD when i wanted a new lower for an AR (as well as asking them to point to me which piece of legislation/guidance says lowers are licensable) and got no where. I either had to get the spare lower entered on my ticket or i wasn't getting it 8-)
DVC
Gundoc

#8 Post by Gundoc »

Ah yes, County Durham seems to have such a good rep....
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#9 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote:
Mattnall wrote:Go buy an old spec de-act. and see how controlled the lower is on that.
I tried to argue that with my FLD when i wanted a new lower for an AR (as well as asking them to point to me which piece of legislation/guidance says lowers are licensable) and got no where. I either had to get the spare lower entered on my ticket or i wasn't getting it 8-)
i thought as a non-load bearing part they were not licensed... Oddly, as I presume you already know, they are the only recorded part in the states... wtf
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Indeed. The best they could come up with was "they've got the serial number on so have to be entered on your FAC"

I've since sold that AR and the buyer only wanted the newer lower, so the gun he bought had two different serial no's on. wtf Further, as soon as i'd notified them of the sale, Durham then rang me and told me i no longer had a good reason to possess the original lower so i had to lodge it in an RFD, where it sat for a good 3 years or so until i eventually sold it.
DVC