Electronic Ear Defenders Howard Leight £60 INC P&P

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Dangermouse

Electronic Ear Defenders Howard Leight £60 INC P&P

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

I accidentally ordered two pairs of these with my last order, I could send them back but to be honest can not be bothered with the form filling, trip to the post office and expense, and should I do that I will not get back the VAT &postage that I have had to pay on them.
To you £60 including tracked/insured delivery.

Sales Bumff:
IMPACT SPORT ELECTRONIC EARMUFF
Mfr:HOWARD LEIGHT
Protects Hearing, Amplifies Conversation & Range Commands
Compact, lightweight electronic muffs let you hear conversation and range commands, while blocking out dangerous noises like gunfire to protect your hearing. Ultra-fast response electronics amplify ambient sounds to a safe 82 decibels (dB), yet shut down when sounds above 82 dB are detected to let the muff’s passive hearing protection take over. In amplification mode, directionally placed stereo microphones even help you hear where the sound is coming from. Built-in AUX input accepts 1/8" (3mm) stereo plug (patch cable included) to connect an MP3 player, radio, or other audio device. Electronics automatically shut-off after 4 hours to preserve battery life. Bottom half of the low-profile ear cups angles in sharply to ensure plenty of clearance when shouldering long guns. Cups fold up neatly into the adjustable head band for convenient storage.

Molded polymer, O.D. Green. NRR 22 dB. Weighs 10.4 oz. (295g). Uses two AAA batteries, included; 350 hours continuous operation.

http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/impact-sport

I could let the wife keep them but a, that would only encourage her to come with me and she would be able to hear me muttering under my breath, B, a cheap pair of dumb muffs is all she really needs for the few times she does need them.

These come in a nice moulded plastic point of sale case and would make a nice present. I have only had mine today but am really happy with them, they feel great and are much better than my previous pair both in noise reduction / amplification and quality.
I put them on with my two children running around and could clearly hear work out where they were in the room with my eyes shut, I would not have thought about wearing hearing protection whilst hunting but these will actually improve your hearing and give you stereo sound so that you could work out where noises are coming from. Also handy was the double ended jack plug that came with them which lets you attach an external device.

Any questions please ask,

DM
HeatherW762

Re: Electronic Ear Defenders Howard Leight £60 INC P&P

#2 Post by HeatherW762 »

I'll take them off you DM. Happy to wait till next time you're at Bisley.

Heather
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

Heather,

I am around on Sat Sun Mon & Wed, are any of these days any good for you?
I will bring over my set as well so you can have a good look at them before you buy,

DM
HeatherW762

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

I was there yesterday as it was the Open Day with the NRASC stand. What a great day it was too. Just got back from there today! Didn't wake up till 12.30pm so didn't turn lappie on before I went out. Can easily pop over tomorrow and will be working there wed. Which is best for you?

Heather
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

I will drop in on Wednesday, are you working half days?
HeatherW762

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

I'll be in from 9 to about 4.30. (what's a half day?? :) )Have to leave early as Jim has a vets appointment!

Heather
HeatherW762

#7 Post by HeatherW762 »

Thanks for dropping them in yesterday DM. I'm well chuffed with them, even the music sounds better than expected.

Heather
Dangermouse

#8 Post by Dangermouse »

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

Then you are probably listening to your music through a good set of ear muffs,

Thanks Heather, good to catch up with you,

DM