Just testing the water.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Maggot

Just testing the water.

#1 Post by Maggot »

I guess before I start looking elsewhere here is as good a place to start.

I am thinking of selling up a chunk of my small armoury. Not because I am giving up but I hate to see rifles that could do someone else a favour sitting about so here goes.

Kongsberg M67 target rifle

Mauser actioned with a 5 round internal mag, based on the KAR98. Robust, reliable, and shoots well (I have out shot bipodded rifles at 600 with it using a sling).

It has a scope mount and is fitted with a Sightron 8-32x56 MOA scope (ret is MOA as are turrets). Scope fitted from new and I still have the box etc.

It is licensed/chambered as a 7.62x51, but shoots well with HBC bullets over N140. It was originally used by the RM biathlon team apparently and still has a biathlon attachment on the front band. I have re-finished the woodwork (oiled and wax, it is laminated to very stable) and it has a PH trigger which is miles better than the original, the original will come with it.

It does have wood scooped out from the upper hand guard but I have re finished this and it looks nice. It will take a bipod but in my opinion this rifle seems to like being shot with a sling as god intended.

However, am prepared to offer it as follows.

1. As a pure target rifle.

With its original PH sights, single point leather HPS sling, hand stop, AIM drag bag.

£250

2. With the above but also an FTR bipod (solid fixed item as used by Russel Simmonds originally) and scope etc

£800

If anyone wants piccies take a look at the NRA facebook thread for the 2015 RBL match, its got quite a bit of coverage....much to the disgust of a few..... green55
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Just testing the water.

#2 Post by dromia »

Option 1 is a real bargain but as I am currently concentrating on collecting and shooting "proper" guns that were designed for black powder I must resist.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Not got farcebook....
Matt

#4 Post by Matt »

Are you insane Gerald, it's far too nice to sell, just think how unhappy you'll be looking at the space it used to occupy in your cabinet wallhead wallhead :p
Maggot

#5 Post by Maggot »

Matt wrote:Are you insane Gerald, it's far too nice to sell, just think how unhappy you'll be looking at the space it used to occupy in your cabinet wallhead wallhead :p
Mate, its doing my head in.

On one hand it owes me nothing but on the other hand...ah sod it....

Cheers Matt you may have saved me from myself there....I cant sell it.....

Folks, if you get this far it was a mindfart, please ignore and sorry for wasting anyones time :oops:

For what its worth Matt I had the No4 on there originally as well....another one I would miss. I guess they owe me nothing.
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

V Interested. Send me a picture please. :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

signfunnypost
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

Testing the water ? More like extracting the urine to dangle a tasty yet unobtainable morsel like that afore ovenpaa.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

Matt wrote:Are you insane Gerald, it's far too nice to sell, just think how unhappy you'll be looking at the space it used to occupy in your cabinet wallhead wallhead :p
Its not real you know, just a voice in your head. Send me the pictures, you know you want to.....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#10 Post by meles meles »

He's busy sharpening his crayons...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"