Wanted: good Remington 870 upgrades supplier

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
safetyfirst

Wanted: good Remington 870 upgrades supplier

#1 Post by safetyfirst »

So! I wandered into a backwater tackle and gun and grabbed a lovely condition Remington 870 magnum express with horrible woodwork damage which they sold me for £100 after scratching their heads a bit.

I'd like to turn it into something ridiculous for shooting PSG with and general plinking at plates.

The cheap cost of the gun gives me some wiggle room on upgrades, I'm after some Mesa tactical stuff and some general tuneup like extractors, springs, mag extensions etc.

I've got lots of AR bits in my workshop so I'd like to use a Mesa stock conversion to allow a UBR stock and MIAD grip.

Googling around I found this lovely shotgun someone made, I'm after something similarly futuristic as a present to myself. I've just sold a bunch of stuff I never shoot so....

The 870 donor gun is currently SGC but I'll have it put on my FAC my a local smith.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier? It's all available at brown smells but......

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Wanted: good Remington 870 upgrades supplier

#2 Post by Mike357 »

That looks awesome!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sixshot6

#3 Post by Sixshot6 »

Zahal.org is good. Priced in Dollars and can use paypal Also if you forgo the Mesa tactical adapter http://www.zahal.org/products/m4-shock- ... ent=153451

Can have a adjustable cheek riser and recoil reducer on the stock, just make sure you don't get the folding option or you'll have to get it pinned. Also they have other good stuff that you might like.
safetyfirst

#4 Post by safetyfirst »

Cool kit there. I'm pretty set on the Mesa tactical kit though I think.
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

I'ts ok, just thought it might be an option, you can still use a FAB recoil reducing stock on a mesa tactical adapter though, keeps the recoil down and might make 12 bore less of a problem, but it's up to you. I just share what I know and have seen (well most of it... 8-) ).

Have fun and show us it when it's done.
safetyfirst

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

Hmm, interesting. I had a good go on the gun today, very fast to cycle, recoil seemed good on 32g and I'm hoping adding weight with the tactical nonsense will help too. Perhaps recoil reduction is a good idea though I'm a big chap and I'd hope to be young enough at the moment to reign in the recoil sufficiently.

I suspect you've seen a good deal more 870 use in completion than me though so don't be afraid to share some wisdom!
safetyfirst

#7 Post by safetyfirst »

Mike357 wrote:That looks awesome!
yeah doesn't it!
saddler

#8 Post by saddler »

My 870 (S1/FAC) has had a Knoxx Recoil stock on for a few years.
Works great...makes the gun akin to a gas operated auto....

Plus, of course, being a pump you can tune handloads & save powder (when compared to semi auto designs)

Had a couple of 870 parts from the USA yesterday & will be getting a few more bits next month.
safetyfirst

#9 Post by safetyfirst »

Thanks all, I'll let you know if my European connection doesn't work out. http://www.tactical73.com they are a Mesa dealer and shipping is €20.