JM Marlin Cowboy 45-70

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Whizzbang

JM Marlin Cowboy 45-70

#1 Post by Whizzbang »

I'm selling my Marlin 1895 Cowboy in 45-70Govt. The 26" octagonal barrel is stamped "JM". The action has been slicked and cycles flawlessly. The gun is set-up for use with a scope: it comes with a shimmed picatinny rail for mounting. There is a quality foresight in situ: rear-sight options are readily available in the UK, should you want to stick to irons. I can supply a rail/aperture/ghost-ring sight combo with the gun, if required.

I also have a finger-adjustable Williams rear sight (unused) available at cost.

This evocative rifle is a joy to shoot- the 45-70 can be loaded with "light" 250gr loads for plinking, through to loads for deer, boar and even elephant! (See Vince Lupo's African hunts with a Marlin lever gun in 45-70.)

I have been feeding it cast bullets in lighter loads as I have no need for 500gr bone-smashers!

Bluing and mechanicals are in very good condition. The wood has marks of use but no cracks or splits.

I do love this gun and the 45-70 calibre but I want to scratch another 45-70 "itch" and I have other Marlin Cowboys to keep me smiling!

110yd 3shot group with Remington 405gr factory ammunition (witnessed by RO!)

For sale at £770, UK only face-to-face (Nr Swansea) or RFD plus fees.
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: JM Marlin Cowboy 45-70

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

This is like a big slap in the face! If only I had that slot on my ticket and space in the safe, heck I even live in Swansea too! Beautiful looking rifle, good luck with the sale!

PS what range do you shoot at? Carreg?
Whizzbang

Re: JM Marlin Cowboy 45-70

#3 Post by Whizzbang »

Sorry- slap not intended! Carreg- yes.