308 straight pull AR

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
s.stimson

308 straight pull AR

#1 Post by s.stimson »

Gents,

Would any of you be aware of a 308 straight pull AR type rifle for sale, looking for a southern guns, Lewis, or whatever else is about.

Many thanks
sapper811

Re: 308 straight pull AR

#2 Post by sapper811 »

Dave at Valkyrie Rifles puts them together. They are things of beauty that really shoot !
s.stimson

#3 Post by s.stimson »

I know, they do look rather nice; its just the price tag attached to a new one that is putting me off so was hopping to drag up a second hand one to play with.
Maggot

#4 Post by Maggot »

Out of interest, why a .308?

Nowt wrong with them, the LMTs are superb by all accounts, but you can achieve a lot with a decent 5.56x45 and they are much kinder on your wallet/shoulder after 80 rounds or do.

Mine performs perfectly well out to 600 for hi power or CSR, its just me that gets in the way.
s.stimson

#5 Post by s.stimson »

The reason; quite simply I fancy one. I already have a 5.56 built by Mark Bradley which I've owned about 10 years and has been a cracking rifle and I do not believe I will ever part with it, I just fancied its big brother to keep it company.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by bnz41 »

Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

s.stimson wrote:The reason; quite simply I fancy one. I already have a 5.56 built by Mark Bradley which I've owned about 10 years and has been a cracking rifle and I do not believe I will ever part with it, I just fancied its big brother to keep it company.
Cant ever argue with that. "because I can" or "Because I want to"....is the right answer.

Personally (for me) they would be too similar unless you went for something along the section sharp shooters rifle/LMT and used it like that, otherwise I would go for an AI or another decent boltie.

Why not ask Mr B what he could do you?