Looking for a 6.5x55

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

Looking for a 6.5x55

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I'm tired of trawling the internet trying to find a new toy in 6.5x55.

I'm looking for something like the Ruger precision jobby unfortunately they don't do one in 6.5x55 it does not have to be new but it has to have a low round count. It has to be 6.5x55 not interested in any other caliber.

I made a couple of new year resolutions Im not getting any younger so this year I'm going to fill my bucket list. The 6.5x55 is first up. Others include a .22 hornet. The rest of the stuff is so I can get involved in the type of disciplines my new club shoots and one or two nice to have toys. I'm also going to acquire a shotgun certificate for the first time in my shooting career after all these years.
My biggest problem was making room for the items on my bucket list to day was a sad day. To day I visited a friendly fire arms dealer. The reason for the visit to day was to give away part of my collection for disposal guns I have had for years and years some of them probably 20 years that had more sentimental value rather than monetary value. Not a good day but it had to be done.

I have a couple more to cull but Im still plucking up courage for that. But bucket list 2018 here we come.
Sim G

Re: Looking for a 6.5x55

#2 Post by Sim G »

I had been looking at this, before I decided I’m going to rebarrel existing rifle instead...

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/ti ... 5163100001
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha - out of interest, why won't you consider another cartridge? You say you like the Ruger Precision Rifle - in 6.5 Creedmoor it will give very similar performance to the 6.5 Swede.
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#4 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I am thinning out my collection and have the following available.
6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser "Husqvarna dated 1942 with original turned down bolt" in mint condition.
6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser "Husqvarna dated 1942 with original turned down bolt" fitted with German side mount WW2 reproduction in mint condition.
These rifles were part of my Mauser collection and both in excellent condition with as new bores.
If interested email with your picture requirements and any other information requirements
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
I am thinning out my collection and have the following available.
6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser "Husqvarna dated 1942 with original turned down bolt" in mint condition.
6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser "Husqvarna dated 1942 with original turned down bolt" fitted with German side mount WW2 reproduction in mint condition.
These rifles were part of my Mauser collection and both in excellent condition with as new bores.
If interested email with your picture requirements and any other information requirements
Thank you but that's not the sort of thing I am looking for.
bewildered
Home club or Range: Pinewood

#6 Post by bewildered »

I bought a Tikka T3X in 6.5 x 55 a couple of years ago and it's great. Well worth considering.
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Now sorted thanks. I am buying a Tikka T3 in 6.5x55. Just sorting variations etc out.
Cheers.