Mosin Nagant M44

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
JS569

Mosin Nagant M44

#1 Post by JS569 »

I'm selling my 1947 M44 which I've had from new. Yep that's correct it came wrapped in greaseproof paper in cosmoline, I purchased it about 15 years ago, I would say in that time it's been shot no more than 3 times per year certainly with a 4 year hiatus whilst I was away.

As you can imagine it's in good condition, very few signs of use/ wear - as with the post-war versions of this rifle the finish is excellent. All matching numbers.

Not sure on the manufacturer as I'm not up on my Nagants, I just enjoyed the fireball but I've attached images of the breach and stock markings. A nice rifle I enjoy shooting but am selling to fund another rifle. I've got a trade buyer interested but just seeing if I can realise a slightly better price.
I'm looking for £350 plus (if required) RFD fees. I'm looking for a quick sale so if no one is interested it will go to the dealer. If F2F transaction I'm based near Leeds.
Attachments
batch_IMG_1601.jpg
batch_IMG_4074.jpg
batch_IMG_3571.jpg
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Mosin Nagant M44

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Nice looking Mosin :good:

It was produced at the Soviet Izhevsk Arsenal (Fletched arrow in triangle stamp) and the "Circle B" and "02" stamp on the stock denotes that at some point it ended up in Hungary as the "B" stands for Budapest and the "02" is the Warsaw Pact country code for Hungary.As it is '47-dated with an Izhevsk Arsenal stamp I would say it is from the batch aquired by the Hungarians from the Soviet Union.

After WW2 the Hungarian military was limited to 25,000 troops but owing to a shortage of rifles they purchased a limited number of Soviet firearms, including M91/30 and M44 Mosin Nagants, PPSh41 machine pistols and TT33 pistols.

In 1948 Hungary was pressured through the Warsaw Pact to purchase the license from the Soviet Union for the manufacture of Mosin Nagant and other Soviet weapons. Production seems to have been confined to good-quality copies of the Soviet Model 1944 carbine, known as 48.M (48 Minta) in Hungary.

Good luck with the sale ussrflag
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
JS569

#3 Post by JS569 »

Thanks for the detail, really interesting to hear it
johnson3392

#4 Post by johnson3392 »

Hi, is the Mosina still for sale? Have sent a pm but it seems to be stuck in the outbox and not marked as 'sent'. Regards, David
JS569

#5 Post by JS569 »

johnson3392 wrote:Hi, is the Mosina still for sale? Have sent a pm but it seems to be stuck in the outbox and not marked as 'sent'. Regards, David
I've PM'd you David
JS569

#6 Post by JS569 »

SOLD