Dave Tooley Special 6.5 x 55 Swedish Rifle

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
TobyH

Dave Tooley Special 6.5 x 55 Swedish Rifle

#1 Post by TobyH »

It's not getting used and money's a little tight so it's up for sale.

Dave Tooley made 6.5 x 55 swedish bolt action rifle.

Wichita Action. Single loader.
Brougton Barrel. Very Heavy . 30mm tapered to 22.5mm and 25"-ish long. With a partial 11 deg crown. 1:8 twist.
McMillan Winchester Marksman Stock (modified with adjustable cheek piece)
Shilen Trigger (need to confirm tomorrow). Only 2 oz pull, incredibly light.
Davidson Rail.
Harris Bipod (optional)

Beautiful rifle, only shot approx. 250 rounds max. I'm only the 2nd owner as previous owner passed on.

See some pics on this thread http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=20. Page 3 halfway down. Scope is up for grabs too, though it doesn't do the rifle justice!

Here's a pic of the last grouping I did, I was planning on doing still further work on getting the right loading:

Any questions please email to: toby.j.heath AT gmail.com

Looking for £1000.

Have some reloading kit for it as well, which we can negotiate on if you're interested in as well.

*sniff* :cry:
tikkathreebarrels

Re: Dave Tooley Special 6.5 x 55 Swedish Rifle

#2 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Hmm, what kind of distances have you shot this lovely rifle out to please? Do you think it'd make a 1200 yard cun?
TobyH

#3 Post by TobyH »

I've only shot it to 600yds, but hadn't finished load tests. The reason I bought it was to shoot to 1000+ yds. Didn't have the right scope either which didn't help.

I definitely think it would shoot out to 1200yds with the right loads and scope though.

Where in the anglia are you? Feel free to pop over...
TobyH

#4 Post by TobyH »

PROVISIONALLY SOLD
TobyH

#5 Post by TobyH »

SOLD

(for the chap that phoned me up a week or so ago who wondered if it was still for sale and moaned at me cos it didn't say sold - only provisionally sold - 7 months ago!!)
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

Hope you are keeping well O:-)