Ruger Scout .308 rifle and accessories

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Swifty Boy

Ruger Scout .308 rifle and accessories

#1 Post by Swifty Boy »

Ruger Scout .308 rifle package in great condition. It is fitted with a Zeiss Duralyt 2-8x42 scope in Warne medium mounts which means the picatinny rail can remain on the rifle (only just though - I have cut a small section out of the elasticated lense cap to fit). The rifle is also fitted with a Harris-type bipod and a Niggaloh leather sling.

The barrel was screw-cut for a moderator by Neal at Suffolk Rifle back in happier times. He did this in such a way that the original front iron sight can be screwed back on and it locks back up in the vertical position. The original rear iron sight is included along with two spare stock extension pieces.

The rifle is currently mounted with an ASE Utra moderator in stainless steel which matches the rifle nicely and reduces muzzle flip. The rifle is zeroed for 200 yards and is surprisingly accurate. This is the 18.5 inch barrel version and I have shot it out to 600 yards with steady v-bulls on an NRA face target.

The rifle will come with a 5 round polymer magazine which fits flush with the stock and the buyer’s choice of a steel or polymer 10 round magazine. I would like £1,250 for the package.

The four additional spare ten round magazines are available separately at £45 each or I can throw them in with the rifle at a reduced price.

The rifle is located in Oxon OX7 if you want to view it. The toes in the photo are available by separate negotiation :-)
Attachments
2CC1B62C-C5EC-434D-85D1-E17FA12B23A0.jpeg
Swifty Boy

Re: Ruger Scout .308 rifle and accessories

#2 Post by Swifty Boy »

Bump and reduction to £1,150.
Swifty Boy

Re: Ruger Scout .308 rifle and accessories

#3 Post by Swifty Boy »

I will split this package if it makes it more attractive:

- Rifle with original iron sights, butt extension spacers, scope rings, 5rd polymer magazine and 10rd steel magazine £700
- Zeiss Duralyt 2-8x42 scope in original box £300
- ASE Utra moderator 5/8 thread (I might have box, will have to look) £100
- 10rd steel or 10rd polymer magazine £30 each

I will keep the Warne mounts and sling as they might come in handy.