Pietta 1851 Navy grips, trigger guard, backstrap.

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Pietta 1851 Navy grips, trigger guard, backstrap.

#1 Post by Dark Skies »

Choice of two sets going for £35 each and includes insured courier.
Paypal as a gift / family to avoid charges.

The one on the left was taken off a model from the 70s - it has a nice glossy lacquered look about it.
Notable for having a slightly smaller profile trigger guard than the current model.

The one on the right was taken from a current model and has the larger profile trigger guard.
It has a satin finish grip. I bought in error thinking it was from an 1860 Army (I'm currently after that ensemble).

Will they fit your 1851? As a straight swap I think they ought to. If mix and matching with existing bits on your firearm ...
I think the trigger guards are straight up interchangeable. The grips might be a straight swap or you may need to fettle them. The backstrap should fit no problem but you may have to work the metal to blend them in with your frame. Or you may just be lucky and have a simple swap as both have been fitted to other revolvers. Who knows?

I spoke to a guy at Pietta today and it seems you often have to do a bit of fine-fettling even with new bits.

New replacement ensembles go for around £80 plus shipping.

If someone has all these bits for an 1860 Army model and wants to do a like for like swap for one of the above of their choice I'd also be interested in that.
Attachments
for sale.jpg
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."