Custom Remington 870 s1

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Custom Remington 870 s1

#1 Post by Sim G »

Putting up my custom Remington 870 s1 shotgun, my "Retro Cruiser Build". Like the A5 custom build done years ago, time to move this on now as well. Since building, it's done absolutely nothing!

Remington Express receiver which has been Duracoated "Remington Black". Wolf Hammer and Firing Pin springs and Scattergun Technologies Big Bump safety. Carlson's 24" (Very rare for an 870!) multi choke, vented barrel with fibre optic bead. Nordic Components extended magazine, with a Nordic Components no drag follower, Nordic magazine spring and a Nordic Components barrel clamp.

The furniture on this came from a 1970s vintage Remington Police. I left all of the dings, nicks, scratches and stains on it, just removing the varnish and oiling it to maintain its character.

Quite frankly, you'll be very hard pushed to find one like this...

£675.

I'll travel a short distance from Kent to meet or we split RFD costs my end to send it.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
EDP
Home club or Range: TWTSC

Re: Custom Remington 870 s1

#2 Post by EDP »

How many doors the mag tube hold - and I'm confused about it being a multi choke, it looks like it's just a normal choke screwed in there? Looks great, I'm not very clued up on 870s but didn't like the supernova and the 500/590 are a nonsense with one un-choked and the other a non-extendable mag! This looks pucker!
safetyfirst

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

870’s are just brilliant brilliant shotguns. I find them very easy to load as well.
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Nine plus one as far as the capacity is concerned.

Yes, multi-choke means that a number of different chokes can be changed to whatever the desired purpose is. The currently fitted choke is a quarter. Carlson’s use the standard Rem-Choke thread, so any Remington or aftermarket chokes with the Rem thread will fit the barrel.

I’ve owned a couple of Mossberg pumps previously and tried the Benelli. Remingtons are built to last. I know of a couple of guys in the US that still run 50-odd year old guns for turkey and upland game.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

Great looking shotgun :) and I usually prefer the more tactical look (as you can see from the firearms I own).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

Bump with the one and only price drop.

£595

Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Geek »

I do like it (been looking at Mossberg 590's, however, they are not multi-choke) and I have a spare slot for an S1 :) , however, just at the wrong time since I am buying 6.5CM barrel for my AI :(
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

Oh this is so much better than a Mossberg! You can always get a barrel.... this might not be here much longer judging from PMs...

PM me if you would like to discuss “terms”....! lol lol

Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

And why would you want a 6.5cm for your AI when you have a Ruger Precision 6.5? Just curious...

870.... Mmmm 870.... mmmm 870.....mmmm

Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Geek »

Sim G wrote:And why would you want a 6.5cm for your AI when you have a Ruger Precision 6.5? Just curious...

870.... Mmmm 870.... mmmm 870.....mmmm

AI AT for me and Ruger PR for son.
Regards,

Geek